By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

maximus22 said:
Thanks for the update, Arc.

Question: How often is the platinum leaderboard updated? I think I should be on there now?

It's updated each week. You're 1 point off of the leaderboard. HanzoTheRazor has 109 points, and you're currently sitting at 108.

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:

Well I'm no expert but for platinum you have to complete the grid sphere and beat some real badasses which are far more powerful than that Dark Aeon. So if you go for plat you'll beat that Dark Aeon sooner or later, don't you? It's not like you can completely fuck up the platinum in Besaid.

I'm pretty sure I took the Al Bhed book and got the Destruction Sphere chest in Besaid, but probably didn't get the Jekkt Sphere, which is really odd since they haven't been introduced at all back in Besaid....

I don't know how much of a pain the plat will be, but I'm enjoying the game so far. It's definitely worth it, and then there is FFX-2 which I haven't played at all. Overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Yeah, that's the *easiest* Dark Aeon.  The Jecht sphere doesn't show up until you defeat Spherimorph, so unless you walk all the way back before Valefor shows up, you have to go through him.

So for perspective, I missed the destruction sphere chest because I pushed the pedestal first and it wouldn't let me go back, so I figured I'd wait until later.  So with Dark Valefor blocking my path, I couldn't go back and get it, which means I couldn't get Anima, which means I couldn't get the Moon Sigil, which means I could't power up Yuna's celestial weapon.  Sure, by no means preventing me from getting the platinum, but holding me back from getting a lot of stuff.  Thank googly moogly for Zanmato.

fadetoone said:
ghettoglamour said:

Well I'm no expert but for platinum you have to complete the grid sphere and beat some real badasses which are far more powerful than that Dark Aeon. So if you go for plat you'll beat that Dark Aeon sooner or later, don't you? It's not like you can completely fuck up the platinum in Besaid.

I'm pretty sure I took the Al Bhed book and got the Destruction Sphere chest in Besaid, but probably didn't get the Jekkt Sphere, which is really odd since they haven't been introduced at all back in Besaid....

I don't know how much of a pain the plat will be, but I'm enjoying the game so far. It's definitely worth it, and then there is FFX-2 which I haven't played at all. Overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Yeah, that's the *easiest* Dark Aeon.  The Jecht sphere doesn't show up until you defeat Spherimorph, so unless you walk all the way back before Valefor shows up, you have to go through him.

So for perspective, I missed the destruction sphere chest because I pushed the pedestal first and it wouldn't let me go back, so I figured I'd wait until later.  So with Dark Valefor blocking my path, I couldn't go back and get it, which means I couldn't get Anima, which means I couldn't get the Moon Sigil, which means I could't power up Yuna's celestial weapon.  Sure, by no means preventing me from getting the platinum, but holding me back from getting a lot of stuff.  Thank googly moogly for Zanmato.

I feel your pain buddy. I've just made the chocobo race, after 2 hours trying. What a fucking piece of trash, I got mad as hell...I'm so glad it's over and that without hurting my Vita at all

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Arcturus said:
maximus22 said:

Question: How often is the platinum leaderboard updated? I think I should be on there now?

It's updated each week. You're 1 point off of the leaderboard. HanzoTheRazor has 109 points, and you're currently sitting at 108.

Gotcha thanks.

maximus22 said:
Arcturus said:
maximus22 said:

Gotcha thanks.

You should get my place soon... I'm working my way to the Rayman Legends and Dark souls 2 platinums and it's long... And painful...

Around the Network
DareDareCaro said:
maximus22 said:
Arcturus said:
maximus22 said:

Gotcha thanks.

You should get my place soon... I'm working my way to the Rayman Legends and Dark souls 2 platinums and it's long... And painful...

Yeah I've got FF X/X-2 coming up so that's going to bring my trophy collection to a crawl as well.  Have to remind myself sometimes that it's more about the games than trophies, though.  Haha.

Well, shit. My friend tried for 4 hours last night to beat that damn chocobo race. After he left I tried bypassing my receiver and going straight into my TV to see if that improved things. No dice on the race or lightning dodging. This morning I tried on my bedroom TV in game mode and dodged 122 bolts before I screwed up, and then I nailed the chocobo race in 10 minutes. Got the chocobo master from the temple race about 20 minutes later.

I think this proves my theory that TV delay really blows for this game.

fadetoone said:
Well, shit. My friend tried for 4 hours last night to beat that damn chocobo race. After he left I tried bypassing my receiver and going straight into my TV to see if that improved things. No dice on the race or lightning dodging. This morning I tried on my bedroom TV in game mode and dodged 122 bolts before I screwed up, and then I nailed the chocobo race in 10 minutes. Got the chocobo master from the temple race about 20 minutes later.

I think this proves my theory that TV delay really blows for this game.

I have noticed it for sure with Titus'es overdrive. I have only been succesful once. Tried the race a few times yesterday and haven't even been able to beat the trainer yet

Finally got Last of Us and I spent the whole Sunday playing Multiplayer.
I'm not really good at it but I enjoy it a lot...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Managed to dodge the 200 lightning bolts in a row for the first time ever and luckily had the right count because I screwed up on 201 trying to make sure I had a few extras. Funny thing is when I went to check it said I've dodged a total of 777 and 200 in a row. Lucky 7s I guess.

Now it's on to blitzball. I forgot how long that takes with 10 games in a league season... sheesh.