By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

@Jboy - If you'd like to play the best first you should play Uncharted 3 first then Killzone 3. Can't comment on The Sims 3

@Xenostar - awesome that Vita trophies now show up. Do they show on the PS3 too?

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
Ail said:

Down to Dante Must Die mode and then DMC HD p[atinum is mine....
Going to take me a while though...
DMD is not easy.
I had a lot of trouble on mission 1 ( DT marionettes do not joke..). Breezed through mission 2 and 3 ( S ranked mission 2 and I never S ranked it on normal or hard) but now I am stucked on Nelo Angelo on mission 4. I can damage him well but once in a while he gets a hit in and it takes him like 3 hits to kill me................Getting really scared to face him again later on as the 3rd fight is a lot harder than the first one...

From my point of view this is going to be a 3 stars platinum..( would be harder but with consumables you can cheese Mundus at the end, the issue is that you can not use those on every boss as you have a limited number of them so Nelo Angelo and Nightmare are  going to be the tough part..).

Right now thankfully have saved 7 holy waters and 5 untouchables and can grab at least 3 more of each during this playthrough so it's going to be a question of when to use them...( sadly holy water does not do a lot of damage on DMD..)

It looks like you're aware of it already but prepare for pain when you get to the third Nelo fight. I "platinumed" this game back in the day and I was stuck at that fight for over a week IIRC.

Got 5 untouchables and I think  3 more  I can get this run.

I figure :

Mundus phase 2 : 2 x untouchables 

Mundus phase 1 : spam devil star..

Nightmare 3rd fight : 1 untouchable ( already gave me a lot of trouble on hard, at the end of the fight when you get his health to 0 it repops and you have to keep wacking at him and somehow you take a lot of  damage at that time..). Possibly 2 x untouchable if I have 3 left at that time as you get 1 more right after...

Nelo Angelo 3rd fight : 1x untouchable, and as many holy waters I have left. ( issue with untouchable is that he sometimes gets out of your range for extended periods of time so you can end up wasting it).

This leaves :

Nelo Angelo 1

Nelo Angelo 2

Nightmare 1

Nightmare 2

Griffon 1 ( i might to skip that)

Griffon 2

Griffon 3 ( should be relatively easy I noticed on hard air raid destroys him, sadly it doesn't work as well on Griffon 2 with his stupid pink shadow..).

+ regular fights and i bet later on some are going to be real pains with the DT timer...( I'm scared of some of the fights with Blades or Fetish if they get to DT and some of those fights have a lot of them  spawning...) which is where my holy water issues come in, I'm pretty sure they would come handy there but I need them for Nelo Angelo too...

Sadly I have red orbs to buy more consumables( not that many as they cost a fortune in DMD) but the game won't let you in DMD except if you get down to less than 3 or something ( and I think you can only buy untouchables if you have none left which is never gonna happen as I need 2 for last fight).

I'm stitting on 48 yellows orbs too ( but that can go down fast, I used 5 on mission 1, thankfully I collected 5 too).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

HideoK said:
I could never beat Dante Must Die Mode back in the day on DMC1. I barely got past the dogs (stupid invincibility) and I think I also got stuck on the first Nelo Angelo fight.

Some stupid dude on ps3trophies.org rated DMC and DMC3  a 4 because he beat them back on ps2 so he knew what to do for the hd version.....

Same dude gave Bayonetta a 7..........( and there is no way Bayonetta is harder than DMC, even less than DMC3...)

That's like giving NGS2  a 4 on PS3 because you already beat it on the 360...

Right now I would rank it 7.5, but I'm pretty sure as I advance into DMD it will become a 8 at least ( I can't go higher as I know DMC3 is a lot harder...).

PS : I found a good strat for dogs on hard mode, got to see if it works on DMD ( I had missed some secret missions on normal so I had to do the fight 3 dogs on hard so I got to practice against them a lot............) Strat is DT + shotgun + Ifrit and shoot like crazy, it opens their core quite quickly.. I just got to hope in DMD it can kill them before they get their own DT or I am screwed..

Ail said:
HideoK said:
I could never beat Dante Must Die Mode back in the day on DMC1. I barely got past the dogs (stupid invincibility) and I think I also got stuck on the first Nelo Angelo fight.

Some stupid dude on ps3trophies.org rated DMC and DMC3  a 4 because he beat them back on ps2 so he knew what to do for the hd version.....

Same dude gave Bayonetta a 7..........( and there is no way Bayonetta is harder than DMC, even less than DMC3...)

That's like giving NGS2  a 4 on PS3 because you already beat it on the 360...

Right now I would rank it 7.5, but I'm pretty sure as I advance into DMD it will become a 8 at least ( I can't go higher as I know DMC3 is a lot harder...).

PS : I found a good strat for dogs on hard mode, got to see if it works on DMD ( I had missed some secret missions on normal so I had to do the fight 3 dogs on hard so I got to practice against them a lot............) Strat is DT + shotgun + Ifrit and shoot like crazy, it opens their core quite quickly.. I just got to hope in DMD it can kill them before they get their own DT or I am screwed..

I hope that vote didn't count for all we know he didn't deat it in dante must die.

And yeah DMC 3 is a lot harder. I played the unedited version for crying out loud. Can't even get pass the 1st boss without getting punish. Ugh!

Woot! platted Uncharted Golden abyss!!! first Vita plat!!!

Around the Network

DMC plat is mine !
Darn last 10 levels of DMD are not a piece of cake ( special mention to Nightmare 3 with 2 red cores...)

congrats ail!

Had a quick look at DMC3 ( only the tutorial mission 1) and I like it better. It has mission select like DMC4..

Finally got all the title related trophies in Tales of Graces F! I probably still have another 30-40 hours left of grinding, though, especially getting the mixer to 9999 eleth and finishing all the inn requests to get the Gentleman fight. After that, I'll be starting a NG+ to get the rest of the 60 seconds bosses trophies.

As for Warriors Orochi 3, I think I got most of the non-grinding trophies down. Getting all of the wallpapers involves getting everyone's proficiency to S rank (only takes one battle with the right setup), but there's 132 characters. Then there's finishing all of the stages on Chaos (glad they didn't pull a "finish all stages on every difficulty" one), which should help in getting enough money to buy all of the 4th weapons. I figure I can try for all of the rare items while doing the Chaos runs, although I'm currently building up a team for those runs.

Anyone have a total time of just less than 39:42 in Motorstorm RC Vita I can beat? One last trophy to get and I was wondering if I could use you....I mean friend you temporarily. Otherwise I only have one friend with the game and he's over 5 mins on my time.

All done, nevermind. Back to trophy hunting.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(