By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Was about to skip Battlefield 3 (day 1), but amazon's $20 pre-order credit came at the last minute and it convinced me to buy day 1 and also for the limited edition. Will be skipping MW3 for now... I want to play both games eventually, but with Uncharted 3 right around the corner that will definitely take top priority!!
I'm also getting a bit tired of these yearly installments, mostly tired of the same COD engine. I'm excited to try out the new engine in BF3 and the high quality texture pack if you install to the HD.

Ah my backlog is growing and I haven't been able to keep up. I'd say my backlog includes a bunch of games I want to play, but I didn't buy/rent yet... (Mass Effect 2, Dead Island, RAGE, Resistance 3, R&C All4One, Castlevania DLC) and Batman Arkham City which I bought last week, but I haven't started. Right now I just started playing Infamous: Festival of Blood DLC and it's awesome playing as part vampire. I'd highly recommend this DLC to all fans of Infamous. The new flying move is sweet. I'm guessing the whole game might take about 5 hours as I'm over 62% complete about 2.5 hours in.

So I'm going to buy Uncharted 3 and Skyrim day 1, but I'm going to wait to play AC: Revelations, LOTR, MW3 and the MGS HD Collection. Then in Q1 2012 I can't catch a break with Soul Calibur V, Bioshock Infinite, SSX, Max Payne 3, and Twisted Metal all supposedly out before the end of March. Yikes and I bet there is more I'm forgetting. Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning is looking raelly good too. Supposed to be Feb 7th, 2012.

Around the Network
Ail said:
chocoloco said:

I never want to platinum a game, but I will say this is the best thread for posting what you are playing and discussing it so I will probably be posting my thoughts here since I play most of my games for PS3.

@Ail   Will definantly be playing Modern Warfare 3 getting no trophies at all playing countless hours of multiplayer. Never liked that fact about COD.When a game is fun as hell who cares?

Well I don't enjoy CoD multiplayer. I think the main reason is that i suck terribly at it and get tired quickly of getting owned by l33t teenagers ( I am 39) probably because I am not good enough to get good kill streaks and as a result I don't get the use the killstreaks related perks.

The weird thing is that i was decent at KZ3 multiplayer and actually enjoyed it. ( and I totally owned in Warhammer 40k MP).

I sucked at first too, but of course with practice people will improve on anything. Of course, no one practices things they do not like so it is understandable you would not continue if you did not like it much. Am 27 myself no were near 13 and I would say I am better than average, not nearly close to the best.

KZ3 was great for multiplayer too, couldn't get into it as much as it only has team games and no free for all. KZ3 is also one of the few games I beat the campaign on the hardest difficulty. Not much of an acomplishment compared to the trophy guys on here, but I still consider it as a trophy I really enjoyed getting.

Just wondering Socom 4 is rated 6.5 on PS3T and we have it as a 2 star, is that right?

Just that Alien Breed 2 is also rated 6.5 and we have that as 3.

Maybe some star ratings need updating?

Right now I'm walking around in Dark Souls in human form with 16 humanities.
I am a little scared to say the least...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Does battlefield 2: Bad company still have an active players??

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Does battlefield 2: Bad company still have an active players??

Enough for trophy requirement needs, though with BF3 just releasing I would say after Christmas (when many will no doubt get it as a present who didn't buy it before then) the numbers will drop even more than they already have.

Ok thanks for the info. I just don't want the online trophies but I also want to enjoy the online too. I should have played it when I bought it weeks ago maybe there were a lot of players playing in anticipation of BF 3. Oh well..

Xenostar said:

Just wondering Socom 4 is rated 6.5 on PS3T and we have it as a 2 star, is that right?

Just that Alien Breed 2 is also rated 6.5 and we have that as 3.

Maybe some star ratings need updating?

Its not really easy to be exact on the ratings. If u check this thread u´ll see Virtua tennis 09 is rated higher than both Mortal kombat and Pacific rift but its just a 3 star while those are 4. How ever i´m the only one with the plat and i say its fine with 3 stars consider 90% of the game is just time consuming.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/93140-collected-trophy-difficulty-ratings.html

Just got my first trophy in Uncharted 3!

Ail said:

Lol. I died once with over 50 on me. There goes over an hour or twos worth of farming!

Wagram said:
Ail said:

Lol. I died once with over 50 on me. There goes over an hour or twos worth of farming!

what are the advantages to having lots of humanity, i never bother using them as i die so much but if they will be usefull later it would be good to know