By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

For all those talking about system back up and transfers.  I'm not sure if this was clarified yet :)

The "Backup Utility" DOES back up EVERYTHING.  It only RESTORES everything if you are restorting on the same machine.  If you are restoring onto a different machine, most stuff is restored but some stuff (the copy protected stuff, so downloaded games, movies and copy protected saves) aren't.  This option isn't so great for transferring from one machine to another.  This is more used for upgrading the HDD in the same machine.

The "Data Transfer Utility" transfers EVERYTHING from one machine to another and erases most everything off of the original PS3.  This is the best option for transferring from one machine to another.  It does require that both machines be operational and on (only 1 needs to be connected to a TV though) and I believe it requires ethernet cable between the two machines.

Around the Network

seriously hoping for a ps3 price cut at E3 so i can get me a slim, good to know the transfer cable is the way to go, does this keep the singstar tracks working as well, as thats always neem a pain in the ass whenever ive had YLOD to get those back

Xenostar said:

seriously hoping for a ps3 price cut at E3 so i can get me a slim, good to know the transfer cable is the way to go, does this keep the singstar tracks working as well, as thats always neem a pain in the ass whenever ive had YLOD to get those back

I seem to recall that the data transfer utility specifically called out Singstar as being problematic, but I might be remembering something else.

I like LA Noire but I also loved Heavy Rain (which I think if superior).  It's an easy game no doubt.

Also, anyone have Super SF IV and wouldn't mind helping me get the "create 30 endless battle lobbies" and "create 30 team battle lobbies" trophies?  Apprently a fight needs to mtake place to count.  I've already done a few of both, but this will still take some time.  Probably shouldn't take but an hour, anyone got some time this weekend?

EncodedNybble said:

I like LA Noire but I also loved Heavy Rain (which I think if superior).  It's an easy game no doubt.

Also, anyone have Super SF IV and wouldn't mind helping me get the "create 30 endless battle lobbies" and "create 30 team battle lobbies" trophies?  Apprently a fight needs to mtake place to count.  I've already done a few of both, but this will still take some time.  Probably shouldn't take but an hour, anyone got some time this weekend?

Sure i can help u out.

Around the Network

Thanks Arcturus for the update.

I have 2 games to play here but all I feel like playing is Bad Company 2 online.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

KylieDog said:

So, LA Noire blows.   I think it is impossible to fail a case, or at least very very hard to.  No satisfaction in solving anything because you can get an arrest spamming square in every questioning and ignoring most evidence.

What was the last game you truly and fully enjoyed? Im really quite interested because everytime i read one of your posts it seems you dont like the game you are currently playing, or at least the game is way too easy.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

Above & Beyond

Just completed 100 challenges in Blazblue: Continuum Shift. Hopefully next update should be pretty big for me. 2, or possibly 3, platinums. Slowly but surely clearing out my backlog.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

KylieDog said:

I have to bring this up, I'm getting close to platinum in LA Noire, I played through the game once and just using guides for collectables/5 star every case.

There is absolutely no challenge to this platinum, everything is essentially collectables, be it cars, reels, clues, the questioning even has a guide to get everything right.  There are a few exceptions like stay above 80 for 10 seconds, kill with all weapons, chase down a runner etc but that are all very easy and should be earned just by playing normally.

PS3T ratings are all very high, the majority being 10, the next highest being 9.  How can these ratings be taken seriously?  Should be a 1 star.

There are always stupid votes there. Also many vote based mainly on the time they spent to get platinum.