By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

I'm maintaining my top spot on the Platinum Leaderboard, which should hopefully improve more and more with my current library of games, although some are ridiculously long (Star Ocean 4, GT5, and Lost Planet 2 are the three biggest culprits).

Around the Network

Just beat Dead Nation on Morbid and beat Hideok by 1 Million on overall ranking !

Go Me !!!

Going to start another morbid campaign to collect the loot and hopefully improve my score...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

MasterVG71782 said:

I'm maintaining my top spot on the Platinum Leaderboard, which should hopefully improve more and more with my current library of games, although some are ridiculously long (Star Ocean 4, GT5, and Lost Planet 2 are the three biggest culprits).

forget about Lost Planet 2.

From what I read, one trophy is about impossible to get at this point in the game ( the one where you need to make a top time on one of the missions).

Ail said:

Honestly all you need to transfert stuff is an USB stick and to copy your save data onto it.( and use the PSN stuff to transfert the copy protected saves)

Everything else doesn't need to be transfered as it can be reinstalled on the new PS3...

That's a horrible method.  Some people don't want to pay for PSNplus (why is the plus sign not showing up? ...stupid site)   (the free month we're getting notwithstanding).

Also, reinstalling everything takes longer, and having to download everything again will use up one of your 5 downloads.  And if you've ever gameshared *anything* you're pretty much screwed.

I believe the data transfer took about as long as a hard drive backup, so you aren't losing any time and you're keeping all your stuff.

fadetoone said:
Ail said:

Honestly all you need to transfert stuff is an USB stick and to copy your save data onto it.( and use the PSN stuff to transfert the copy protected saves)

Everything else doesn't need to be transfered as it can be reinstalled on the new PS3...

That's a horrible method.  Some people don't want to pay for PSNplus (why is the plus sign not showing up? ...stupid site)   (the free month we're getting notwithstanding).

Also, reinstalling everything takes longer, and having to download everything again will use up one of your 5 downloads.  And if you've ever gameshared *anything* you're pretty much screwed.

I believe the data transfer took about as long as a hard drive backup, so you aren't losing any time and you're keeping all your stuff.

Well if you tried to screw Sony and the developers by game sharing, too bad for you..........

And I strongly doubt he will want to reinstall every PSN game he had on his first PS3. I know of the dozen games I had on my old PS3 I reinstalled one.... And 2 years later I haven't reinstalled any other...

Around the Network
Ail said:

Well if you tried to screw Sony and the developers by game sharing, too bad for you..........

And I strongly doubt he will want to reinstall every PSN game he had on his first PS3. I know of the dozen games I had on my old PS3 I reinstalled one.... And 2 years later I haven't reinstalled any other...

That might be true for your case, but think about stuff like Rock Band songs.

fadetoone said:
Ail said:

If he deactivates the old one it won't count as one of the systems. If he can't deactivate it because the system doesn't work he can contant Sony and they will do it for him.

I had to do that recently when I relized at least one time when I sent my ps3 in to get repaired wasn't deacitavted. I think it was 2 emails and it was done.

Ail said:

Just beat Dead Nation on Morbid and beat Hideok by 1 Million on overall ranking !

Go Me !!!

Going to start another morbid campaign to collect the loot and hopefully improve my score...

Doh! 1 million, thats so close. Now I need to find something to beat you in! Hmmm, you have Critter Crunch? :) 

Thx for the update Arcturus.

HideoK said:
Ail said:

Go Me !!!

Doh! 1 million, thats so close. Now I need to find something to beat you in! Hmmm, you have Critter Crunch? :) 

Go back to Dead Nation !

The USA need your help to pass Japan !