By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Tbone said:

inFamous 2 trophy list.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/infamous-2/trophies/

Looks pretty much the same as the first. This time there is 2 golds and 1 of them is for finding all the shards :)

Yeah just had a look. I'm more worried about stunts - still seem to need them for unlocking moves. Hope they don't rely on too much luck.

But thankfully the online trophies are easy.

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Around the Network
chenguo4 said:

2) If I were to get a new PS3, would I be able to just take out the hard drive on my old one and pop it in the new one? Otherwise is there some other way to extract my files?

Yeah you'll need to get an external hard drive and run the system backup to copy all of your files. Then on the new PS3 choose restore system backup. If you were to just swap out the hard drive the new ps3 would automatically reformat it. 

Tbone said:

inFamous 2 trophy list.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/infamous-2/trophies/

Looks pretty much the same as the first. This time there is 2 golds and 1 of them is for finding all the shards :)

Cool trophy list. Same structure as the first in a lot of ways beating certain missions as good & evil, beating the game as both good & evil. Beat the game on hard, find all blast shards. Hope I don't spend 4-5 hours looking for my last shard again! lol

And the stunts were fun in the first game. Looking forward to unlocking all of them.

chenguo4 said:

So my PS3 gave me the blinking red light treatment. I don't know, maybe all the GT5ing killed it. I've waited a few hours now, and it's still doing the same thing, so I'm assuming it wasn't just a simple overheat issue.

So questions for people who've dealt with this before:

1) I see some videos on youtube where you pop it open and do some soldering to get working again. Anyone has experience with this? My PS3 is from June 2008 (MGS4 bundle) so I'm sure my warranty's out.

2) If I were to get a new PS3, would I be able to just take out the hard drive on my old one and pop it in the new one? Otherwise is there some other way to extract my files?

You can not switch drives.

They are encrypted and the first thing that will happen if yous switch them is that it will get reformated.

I don't have experience fixing it but when it happened to me 18 months ago I found someone in my area on craig list that fixed it for 50$ in only 2 days.( I still bought a new PS3 but at least i could transfert my saves thanks to the fix).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Anyone plan on buying any of the newly announced PSP remaster games on PS3? I'd like to pick up at least 2 games-  God of War: Ghost of Sparta and MGS: Peace Walker. I had been holding out hope they would just make them downloable on the PS store & playable on PS3, but HD remasters are even better!! Sweet, now I just hope they have trophies

Around the Network
HideoK said:

Anyone plan on buying any of the newly announced PSP remaster games on PS3? I'd like to pick up at least 2 games-  God of War: Ghost of Sparta and MGS: Peace Walker. I had been holding out hope they would just make them downloable on the PS store & playable on PS3, but HD remasters are even better!! Sweet, now I just hope they have trophies

I have no plans to buy any of the remastered PSP games on PS3. I've already purchased the PSP games I wanted to play. Also, I was reading a thread here earlier that stated the remastered PSP games will not include trophies.

Edit: Here's the thread.

sirvice said:
chenguo4 said:

So my PS3 gave me the blinking red light treatment. I don't know, maybe all the GT5ing killed it. I've waited a few hours now, and it's still doing the same thing, so I'm assuming it wasn't just a simple overheat issue.

So questions for people who've dealt with this before:

1) I see some videos on youtube where you pop it open and do some soldering to get working again. Anyone has experience with this? My PS3 is from June 2008 (MGS4 bundle) so I'm sure my warranty's out.

I experienced it. Im sorry to bring you the bad news but HDD swapping isnt possible (the new system would force you to reformat your HDD). If you want to keep your data you have to get your ps3 running again and transfer your data. Back up works,i dont know about that direct link between two ps3s.

The repairing is really simple, all you need is a fitting screwdriver, a hot air blower and some filler paste. You should have a simple screwdriver somewhere (many youtube vidos claim to use some special phillips ones, forget that, just use a simple one which works) , rent the hot air blower (10euro/day) and buy the filler paste (1-15euro).

After opening the case i recommend to clean the inside gently with a vacuum cleaner, then go along like the youtube videos suggest.

Be aware that the selfrepair solution is only of temporary nature, sooner or later its going to happen again (for me it was around 2months)

My personal conclusion:

When your machine works again, do a back up, format the disk, untie your psn account with the old ps3, sell it (or at least the bluray drive) and buy a new one.

Thats how i did it. Hope it helps a little.

Backing up is a bad idea if you want to keep most of your stuff since the new PS3 won't take it all.

Your best option is the data transfer utility which will bring over 99% of your stuff.

fadetoone said:

Backing up is a bad idea if you want to keep most of your stuff since the new PS3 won't take it all.

Your best option is the data transfer utility which will bring over 99% of your stuff.

Why wouldn't the new PS3 take everything if you do a full system backup onto an external HDD? I don't recall anyone ever saying anything like that.

MasterVG71782 said:
fadetoone said:

Why wouldn't the new PS3 take everything if you do a full system backup onto an external HDD? I don't recall anyone ever saying anything like that.

I just went through this about 2 months ago, very little gets backed up.  Pretty much only your non-copywritten saves transfer over.  No games installed, no game data etc.  The only way to get everything is through data transfer.  you could also use the month of free psn plus and use the cloud storage to save your files i believe

Honestly all you need to transfert stuff is an USB stick and to copy your save data onto it.( and use the PSN stuff to transfert the copy protected saves)

Everything else doesn't need to be transfered as it can be reinstalled on the new PS3...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !