By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Ail said:

I got a driving force wireless for 50$ new at Best Buy.

It doesn't have pedals as the brake and accelerator are on the wheel which makes it a perfect wheel for a couch potato like me !

thats the one i was going for until my gf said if we have to get one it has to have pedals at least so she can drive her mx5 like for real. made me smile ;)

man, i still havnt added you, gonna do it today!

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

Around the Network

It looks like Dead Space 2 won't have any online trophies  :D
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-space-2/achievements/

Anyone else looking forward to Dead Space 2?

One of the PSN games tomorrow will have a platinum trophy attached to it (Spare Parts is its name)?!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/17/spare-parts-simon-pegg-robots-and-co-op/ (check the comments)

MasterVG71782 said:

One of the PSN games tomorrow will have a platinum trophy attached to it (Spare Parts is its name)?!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/17/spare-parts-simon-pegg-robots-and-co-op/ (check the comments)

I often wonder what the trophy rules/requirements are for PSN games when it comes to the number of trophy points that can be included in a single game. It seems most PSN games that sell for $9.99 or less contain 21 points worth of trophies or less. Then there are a bunch of games that sell for $15-$20 that contain a full set of trophies plus a platinum.

Now there is this game which is only $9.99 and contains 13 trophies plus a platinum....

KylieDog said:
Arcturus said:

Yeah I have it pre-ordered, hit me up for some online when it releases if you want.  Wondering if Extraction has online co-op too.

Will do.

I'm a bit confused about the inclusion of Dead Space Extraction. I've read that the full game is included for free on both the collector's edition and the limited edition of Dead Space 2 (the limited edition being just the regular retail copy of the game). I've also read that the limited edition of Dead Space 2 will just be for the first shipment of the game on the release, and then all shipments of Dead Space 2 after that will not include Extraction. There seems to be some conflicting information out there. Anyone know if the above is true? Or will all copies of Dead Space 2 include Extraction?

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Arcturus said:

Will do.

I'm a bit confused about the inclusion of Dead Space Extraction. I've read that the full game is included for free on both the collector's edition and the limited edition of Dead Space 2 (the limited edition being just the regular retail copy of the game). I've also read that the limited edition of Dead Space 2 will just be for the first shipment of the game on the release, and then all shipments of Dead Space 2 after that will not include Extraction. There seems to be some conflicting information out there. Anyone know if the above is true? Or will all copies of Dead Space 2 include Extraction?

EA said the same thing about MoH and the Frontline game included in the Limited Edition, as far as I know though all copies even though they don't say limited edition anymore still include Frontline.  I would guess Extraction is the same...

Well that's good to hear, and I hope that's the case. I was going to pre-order it, but decided not to since I'll be away next week when it releases.

Arcturus said:

HELL YEAH I'm looking forward to it! And I'm glad Dead Space 2 doesn't have any online trophies! Mainly because:

A) I'm tired of having to grind to level 50 to get platinum in every game. Even though I usually end up really liking the multiplayer (as in the case of Bioshock 2 & Medal of Honor even though MoH was a camp fest). Read Dead needed more gameplay modes to earn XP back when I did it though.

And B) I got into the multiplayer beta for Dead Space 2 and while its a really cool concept to play as the aliens/monsters they were way too underpowered compared to the humans and it wasn't as fun to play as them. Hopefully this will be better balanced in the retail version.

Dead Space 2 single player is going to be EPIC though! The single player alone is worth the purchase to me. 

Oh and I'm pretty sure I read Dead Space Extraction will have only split screen co-op.

Arcturus said:

HELL YEAH I'm looking forward to it! And I'm glad Dead Space 2 doesn't have any online trophies! Mainly because:

A) I'm tired of having to grind to level 50 to get platinum in every game. Even though I usually end up really liking the multiplayer (as in the case of Bioshock 2 & Medal of Honor even though MoH was a camp fest). Read Dead needed more gameplay modes to earn XP back when I did it though.

And B) I got into the multiplayer beta for Dead Space 2 and while its a really cool concept to play as the aliens/monsters they were way too underpowered compared to the humans and it wasn't as fun to play as them. Hopefully this will be better balanced in the retail version.

Dead Space 2 single player is going to be EPIC though! The single player alone is worth the purchase to me. 

Oh and I'm pretty sure I read Dead Space Extraction will have only split screen co-op.

Meh.  Think I'm gonna give up on the NGS2 trophy.  Not enough time nor desire to go back and play that game now.

Next plat in line:

SSF4 (gonna take a while)

Arcturus said:
MasterVG71782 said:

I often wonder what the trophy rules/requirements are for PSN games when it comes to the number of trophy points that can be included in a single game. It seems most PSN games that sell for $9.99 or less contain 21 points worth of trophies or less. Then there are a bunch of games that sell for $15-$20 that contain a full set of trophies plus a platinum.

Now there is this game which is only $9.99 and contains 13 trophies plus a platinum....

From my observations, a normal PSN game cannot have more than 21 points of trophies (I haven't seen any that have more). A PSN that is treated like a normal retail game, though, is given a platinum and I'm not exactly sure what the cutoff point is for retail games (somewhere around 82-83, I believe). DLC cutoff is around 14 points, I think.

If Spare Parts does indeed have a platinum, most of the trophies are going to be gold.