By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

HideoK said:

Now that 2010 is coming to a close and all the major releases are out what are your guys Game of the Year for 2010?

I get the feeling that judgement will have to wait for a lot of you though until sometime next year, maybe 6 months from now? Approximately the time it might take to catch up with all of your backlogged games.

Right now I still have a backlog of 3 games. Enslaved, Castlevania, and New Vegas which I haven't played much. Still want to get Fifa and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

However, I don't think any of those will take the crown away from my current contenders for GOTY.

It's between Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption, and God of War III.

Its really close between Red Dead and Heavy Rain for me.  I'd select Heavy Rain it for its original captivating story and unique gameplay. The story is really what blew me away the first time along with my fear for living with the consequences if one of my main characters died. I told myself I wouldn't reload if it happened. That made every moment of danger very intense! And for Red Dead Redemption its up there for its excellent storytelling and open world, memorable characters and awesome DLC. The zombie undead nightmare is a must own! 

Perhaps because God of War III is mainly a huge improvement in graphics and being a sequel with similar gameplay to the first two games I wasn't as blown away because I already knew what to expect. Still I loved every second of the gameplay and its a close runner-up. The more I think about it, some of those epic boss fights have me questioning my decision.  

Right now I'm thinking Heavy Rain.  JAAAYSON. lol

For me its Mass Effect 2, was blown away by that game.  But if we are talking games that are available right now on PS3 either Heavy Rain or Red Dead Redemtpion.   

Around the Network
HideoK said:
Draven26 said:

Uncharted 3 announced woohoo!

YAY! That's my #1 most wanted PS3 game already!! I think 2011 is going to be the best year EVER for PS3 fans.

With first party/exclusive software alone we have:

Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Infamous 2, Twisted Metal: Apocalypse, Killzone 3, Little Big Planet 2, The Last Guardian, Ratchet & Clank: All For One, Sorcery, Motorstorm Apocalypse

The above is ridiculous! Thats not even including all of the great 3rd party games we're getting.

Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Portal 2, Bulletstorm, Dues Ex, Brink, Crysis 2, Metal Gear Solid Rising, Batman Arkham City, RAGE.

And possibly Final Fantasy Versus XIII... in Japan. With Square Enix track record that will most likely be (2012) for the rest of us if we are lucky.

Hell yeah for Uncharted 3 although it was bound to be announced.

With that list no other console has anything better.

Ail said:

Almost noone from the league on my friend list is playing GT5 :((((

Stop playing easy kiddies games and play GT5 !!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a fan of Gran Turismo because I'm not a fan of simulation racers. I just prefer arcade style like Burnout or Need for Speed. 

And I haven't played an easy kiddie game in a long time. In fact I can't remember the last one I played... lol

I'm about to play Prehistoric Moves though... does Little Big Planet count?

HideoK said:

Now that 2010 is coming to a close and all the major releases are out what are your guys Game of the Year for 2010?

I get the feeling that judgement will have to wait for a lot of you though until sometime next year, maybe 6 months from now? Approximately the time it might take to catch up with all of your backlogged games.

Right now I still have a backlog of 3 games. Enslaved, Castlevania, and New Vegas which I haven't played much. Still want to get Fifa and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

However, I don't think any of those will take the crown away from my current contenders for GOTY.

It's between Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption, and God of War III.

Its really close between Red Dead and Heavy Rain for me.  I'd select Heavy Rain it for its original captivating story and unique gameplay. The story is really what blew me away the first time along with my fear for living with the consequences if one of my main characters died. I told myself I wouldn't reload if it happened. That made every moment of danger very intense! And for Red Dead Redemption its up there for its excellent storytelling and open world, memorable characters and awesome DLC. The zombie undead nightmare is a must own! 

Perhaps because God of War III is mainly a huge improvement in graphics and being a sequel with similar gameplay to the first two games I wasn't as blown away because I already knew what to expect. Still I loved every second of the gameplay and its a close runner-up. The more I think about it, some of those epic boss fights have me questioning my decision.  

Right now I'm thinking Heavy Rain.  JAAAYSON. lol

It's like you literally took the words out of my mouth ^-^

1. Heavy Rain

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. God of War 3

My GOTY  will surprise most of you, it is without doubt :

NBA2K11.

Best Basketball sim ever ( and I say that despite the numerous trophies glitch that cause trophies not to unlock........).

Nothing beats playing his highness....

I have yet to unwrap Heavy Rain so I can't comment about it...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Yeah. Red Dead Redemption is my GOTY too.

Though if New Vegas wasnt so buggy, it would be a real contender.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

^ Ail, add me on PSN (chenguo4). I'm hardcore playing GT5

I just golded all licenses a few days ago, and now after a trip to Vegas I'm back at it.

I'm pretty stuck on the grand tour and AMG special events though. They're just insane... Anyone gold these things yet? I have the first beginner event for AMG, and can't even gold the other beginner ones. For grand tour, I golded the regular races (Monza and Rome), and can't gold the other 3 events. :-/

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

UFC 2010 really pisses me off. I'll be fuckin someone up online and they hit me with such lame jab and I get knocked out

Oh! Forgot to say it yesterday.

Finally, Mass Effect 2 release date:

US - Jan. 18

EU - Jan. 21

I had created a thread a few days ago and no w the info comes.

CANT WAIT!!!!

GETTING IT DAY ONE!!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

KylieDog said:

Why do people like Red Dead Redemption?  It had a weak story, was terribly reptitive and used ancient outdated GTA gameplay.

I think there was more than enough mission variety during the story. If it was repetitive it was fun so it didn't feel that way to me. The gameplay didn't feel repetitive until I had to grind to max level online.

And I think the western setting was very refreshing and with that I really enjoyed the story. Great script writing and voice acting all around. John Marston was a likable anti-hero. Westerns are also one of my favorite movie genres too so I may be a little more biased in favor of the story there.

And I disagree about the outdated gameplay. I thought the GTA engine still holds up very well and for Red Dead Redemption it was a lot more stable than GTA 4.  One of my favorite gameplay moments was the first time I got mauled by a cougar and he knocked me off a cliff. lol