By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

KylieDog said:

Fallout 3 should have been a 1 star.  No challanege at all to it, neither has New Vegas is you slide it on easiest difficulty, hardcore mode isn't much cop either, water, food and beds are everywhere.

I thought the league was based on Time consumption and difficulty. Also just because a game is easy to one doesnt make it easy for another

Around the Network
Arcturus said:

Hey guys, I've been incredibly busy these past few days and it looks like I won't have time today to update the league for this week. There will be an update next week for sure.

No prob. No rush, my friend.

PS - I managed to get all veteran trophies and playing with some friends I got the ballistic knife trophy. Just a few more for the plat.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

I only have a few more trophies left for Fairytale Fights, which I'm seeing might be a 3 star plat (definitely a 2 star). I have 32 more Arena battles to win, then I have to finish the "drink 1,000 potions" and beat the game on medium and hard with one player, then I should have the plat. While the game itself isn't difficult (since you get unlimited lives; you will die A LOT on hard, since enemies on later levels kill you in like 2 hits), the game is a huge grind. You need to "beat" the game 6 times (you don't need to play through the stages with bosses, saving a little time, but something like Chapter 9 takes around 30 minutes to finish), grind for gems to upgrade the statue, drink 1,000 potions and the 100 Arena wins takes a while, too.

Yes New Vegas should at least be a 3 if FO3 is a 2. Demon's Souls should be a friggin' 10 star >_<

Leap that wall if you're so great!!

thanks for the updat.... oh what? hehehe can´t wait for next week arcturus!

playing castlevannia these days, I´m in chapter IX (of XII). cool game, really cool!

Around the Network

its cool arcturus xD keep it up 

Uncharted 3 announced woohoo!

Draven26 said:

Uncharted 3 announced woohoo!

YAY! That's my #1 most wanted PS3 game already!! I think 2011 is going to be the best year EVER for PS3 fans.

With first party/exclusive software alone we have:

Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Infamous 2, Twisted Metal: Apocalypse, Killzone 3, Little Big Planet 2, The Last Guardian, Ratchet & Clank: All For One, Sorcery, Motorstorm Apocalypse

The above is ridiculous! Thats not even including all of the great 3rd party games we're getting.

Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Portal 2, Bulletstorm, Dues Ex, Brink, Crysis 2, Metal Gear Solid Rising, Batman Arkham City, RAGE.

And possibly Final Fantasy Versus XIII... in Japan. With Square Enix track record that will most likely be (2012) for the rest of us if we are lucky.

Almost noone from the league on my friend list is playing GT5 :((((

Stop playing easy kiddies games and play GT5 !!!!!!!!!!

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Now that 2010 is coming to a close and all the major releases are out what are your guys Game of the Year for 2010?

I get the feeling that judgement will have to wait for a lot of you though until sometime next year, maybe 6 months from now? Approximately the time it might take to catch up with all of your backlogged games.

Right now I still have a backlog of 3 games. Enslaved, Castlevania, and New Vegas which I haven't played much. Still want to get Fifa and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

However, I don't think any of those will take the crown away from my current contenders for GOTY.

It's between Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption, and God of War III.

Its really close between Red Dead and Heavy Rain for me.  I'd select Heavy Rain it for its original captivating story and unique gameplay. The story is really what blew me away the first time along with my fear for living with the consequences if one of my main characters died. I told myself I wouldn't reload if it happened. That made every moment of danger very intense! And for Red Dead Redemption its up there for its excellent storytelling and open world, memorable characters and awesome DLC. The zombie undead nightmare is a must own! 

Perhaps because God of War III is mainly a huge improvement in graphics and being a sequel with similar gameplay to the first two games I wasn't as blown away because I already knew what to expect. Still I loved every second of the gameplay and its a close runner-up. The more I think about it, some of those epic boss fights have me questioning my decision.  

Right now I'm thinking Heavy Rain.  JAAAYSON. lol