By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Last night I got a streak of like 6 plat ingots in a row and the streak only ended because I got tired and wanted to sleep. At least the game isn't screwing with me too bad now that I need money.

I also set my new personal record of taking down an adamantoise... 1:29!

Around the Network

Yay! 3 months of effort and I finally have the FFXIII plat. I got about 3 characters weapons all upgraded and then just went crazy selling stuff to upgrade the rest. Came in at 92:51. Would have probably been less if not for my early shittastic luck.

I'm going to pop it in sometime this year. Guys be honest is FFXIII good?

Yeah, I liked it in general, but previous games have had a lot more to do. The only "side quests" in 13 are hunting marks, whereas in previous games there was a lot more random stuff to do.

For instance, in 12, I never really had a moment of "I need to fight these guys over and over and earn money or items they drop" and spent considerably more time in that one.

fadetoone said:
Yeah, I liked it in general, but previous games have had a lot more to do. The only "side quests" in 13 are hunting marks, whereas in previous games there was a lot more random stuff to do.

For instance, in 12, I never really had a moment of "I need to fight these guys over and over and earn money or items they drop" and spent considerably more time in that one.

Completely false! The best way to get money/loot was to chain monsters, so rare drops occur more often. Then depending on what it was you'd sell it for cash or use it to make some ungodly weapon.

And yes the sidequests thing bug me tremendously. In both XII and XIII, it seems like instead of sidequests that sort of have some semblance of a background story or really, anything interesting at all about it, we instead get a bundle of "go here, kill this" missions. What a fucking cop out.

I think post-game was the greatest failiure of FFXIII. For RPG main stories, I want nothing more than a nice cinematic experience, complete with good storytelling and pretty graphics, which FFXIII delivered beautifully. But once I was done with the main story, I was just like... damn, so this is what I'll be doing for the next 50 hours?

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network
Goodfella said:
I'm going to pop it in sometime this year. Guys be honest is FFXIII good?

Its ok nothing more imo. If u gonna compare it to the old ones then its a long way behind.

HideoK said:
Splitting my time between UFC Undisputed 2010 & Red Dead Redemption. Also have to finish Borderlands.

Its looking like my 28 game 100% completion streak will come to end with UFC. The online in UFC is so broken right now, its so painful to even get into a match and I have to win 100 online ranked matches. Disconnects and matches no longer available. Well if they patch that and fix the lag then its doable over time... but another trophy that bugs me the most is submitting a computer opponent on Expert in less than 60 seconds. It takes much longer than that to work their stamina down for submission and the computer isn't going to gass itself on Expert. A bunch of the UFC trophies are going to be annoying.

Well I'm putting UFC down for a while until a patch for the online comes out and I'm going to play a lot of Red Dead this weekend. Only played the first 2 objectives so far. Can't wait to get into the story more

Marcio how many hours do you think it will take to get Red Dead platinum?

Well, I am 25 hours in and I have done 40 of the 56 (I think) missions of the game. I have however done a lot of sidequests and challenges.

So I think another 5-7 hours I beat the history. Finishing challenges, stranger quests, mini-games and doing the "odd" trophies (odd trophies are like getting a 5000 bounty and using a pardon letter to end it - specific stuff you cant just do as you play) should bring to a total of 35-40 hours.

Maybe more, but thats because I have been really taking my time in the game to do everything.

Also, this doesnt count the time for multiplayer trophies.

Some are hard unless you boost (like winning 3 Free-For-All matches in a row or winning 4 Gang Matches in a row). I boosted for those.

And there is the time-consuming one, to reach lvl 50 on MP. The best place to earn Xp is play Hideouts on Free Roam. Adding that, MP also has a few "odd" trophies.

So adding singleplayer and MP it should be 60-70 hours easy, I think. Depends on boosting, how good you are, etc.

I suggest you play the game with Expert Aim (default is Normal). It gives you no auto-aim at all. Since you have Dead Eye, it will be easy.

PS - Actually, I have one "complaint" (though not that big). The game is really easy, even with Expert Aim. Now, I have so many items to heal and so many items to refill the Dead Eye that it gets ridiculous.

Honestly, I have been trying to play missions without using items to add a bit to the difficulty. Yet, its still really easy.

I wish Rockstar had really done an expert mode.

PS2 - 2000 trophies!!! Yay!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

chenguo4 said:

Completely false! The best way to get money/loot was to chain monsters, so rare drops occur more often. Then depending on what it was you'd sell it for cash or use it to make some ungodly weapon.

I don't have any recollection of chaining or the need to do it too often, so that shows you how long it's been since I played it.  I certainly don't remember farming the same enemy for 10 hours at a time.

fadetoone said:
chenguo4 said:

I don't have any recollection of chaining or the need to do it too often, so that shows you how long it's been since I played it.  I certainly don't remember farming the same enemy for 10 hours at a time.

Lol ok nothing like Adamantoises for 10 hours, but I do remember farming some wolves for something (maybe Hellfires?), and this metal bird thing (mirror coats...???? dun remember) Bottom line there was a healthy amount of farming for certain weapons, but ultimately I guess not 10 hours of the same monster.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Read dead dlc trophies.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news-531-DLC-Added--Red-Dead-Redemption.html