By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

KylieDog said:
fadetoone said:
KylieDog said:
fadetoone said:
KylieDog said: 

I never said that though.  I said that time should factor 1 star at most, seperate from difficulty.

Well then you obviously haven't considered it is *difficult* for a lot of people to spend a large amount of time on a game.  I've only had time to put 35 hours into FFXIII and it's ALL I've played since release day. :)

At that rate, it would take me 14 months to finish a game like WKC, assuming around 500 hours of time required.

Oh come on you cannot expect to factor peoples free time into a games rating.

Sure I can, no everyone can be like you and play games all day every day :P

I wish.  Oh wait no I don't because its boring.

How would that work then?  "Hey I had 5 hours spare so platted Hannah Montana, 1 star!"  vs "Yeah well I had to work everyday the last three weeks and only managed 20 minutes a night to plat Hannah Montana, 5 stars!"

Come on now. 5 hours is still 5 hours, and 500 hours is still 500 hours.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network
chenguo4 said:

QFT.

The point is, just because someone can sink all their time into a game and get the plat reasonably fast doesn't make up for the fact that the vast majority of people will take substantially more real world time to get the plat.  If I have to spend 500 hours to get a plat, I deserve fair compensation.  I mean, shit, converted into my salary, that accounts for somewhere between $10k and $20k. That amount of time is only worth 1 extra star on a 2 star difficulty game?  Screw you!

fadetoone said:
Fireburden5 said:
does anyone have Brutal Legend and have the 'Six Degrees of Schafer trophy?

nobody i've played so far his it.

I do not, and I got super pissed off at that game when the save corrupted at 99% completion.

Hmm i'll jus keep searching online, i've only had 2 online games so far because of the lack of people playing.

99%?! Guessin' things got pretty... brutal at that point with your controller? lol

Platinums/100% Completion: Super Stardust HD, Linger In Shadows, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Burnout Paradise, Shaun White Snowboarding, Tomb Raider: Underworld, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator: Salvation, Assassin's Creed II, WipEout HD, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God Of War, God of War II, God of War III, inFamous.

Working on: GTA IV - 87%, Batman: Arkham Asylum - 80%.

KylieDog said:
chenguo4 said:

..and easy is still easy.  That isn't what he was saying though.

It's exactly what I'm saying.

What do you think QFT means?

KylieDog said: 

You was making clear people who do not have time to game much may find a game difficult.

Just so you know, you make it *really* difficult to put faith in your opinion.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
fadetoone said:
KylieDog said:
chenguo4 said:

..and easy is still easy.  That isn't what he was saying though.

It's exactly what I'm saying.

What do you think QFT means?

No it wasn't, to quote you.

"Well then you obviously haven't considered it is *difficult* for a lot of people to spend a large amount of time on a game.  I've only had time to put 35 hours into FFXIII and it's ALL I've played since release day. :)"

You was making clear people who do not have time to game much may find a game difficult.  I was saying peoples personal playtime does not change how easy or hard a game is.

PS3trophies.org ratings are flawed anyway, when the site was small people actually followed the voting rules and didn't factor time, it was partly enforced, since it has grown though are so many people openly admitting to ignoring voting rules and factoring time and it seems the admins gave up enforcing the voting rules.   Cannot use such different voting parameters for different games.  This is probably probably why so many easy games are getting 2 star ratings compared to obviously harder games even if the time needed to plat is similar.  Also getting people vote games harder because they need things like a PS3 Eye or a second controller.  The votes also fail to reflect any new strategies found or discoveries or changes to the game made after votes were made.   Need find a much better way to rate these games because I can go dig up a hundred posts in the difficulty ratings threads of people saying "Game was very easy, I gave it a 5".

Tell you what, you plat WKC and then we'll listen to how you would rate it :p

If the game is so easy that really shoudn't be a problem for you :p

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Draven26 said:
Anyone else played any CoD 4 lately? I went to play for the first time in a while earlier and after i went to find a match it said "Downloading Game Settings" this stayed for about 2 hours before I could actually play. I stopped for lunch, went to play again and it popped up again...after 15 minutes of waiting I said screw it. Anyone else ever have this issue and know how to fix it or what causes it?

Happens to me often so i just stopped playing the game online. I still play SP occasionally.

Ail said: 

Now there's a plan.

fadetoone said:
Ail said: 

Now there's a plan.

I third it.

Also, sinking 500 hours into an easy game is obviously hard not because of the game's difficulty, but finding the time to do it. Like going to the gym, it's not hard to run on a treadmill or lift weights within your body's limits. The hardest part of working out is finding the time to do it.

But seriously, before your next contrived argument, plat WKC.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

I think we should let this Wkc plat rate rest it will be a 5 star plat anyway, to tell the truth if i put 500 hours into a game i would want it to be 5 stars aswell 1 star for every 100 hour