By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Tbone said:
Ail said:
Tbone said:
fadetoone said:
Tbone said:
Nice finally someone with SF4 plat Congratz to Encoded, now we only need 1 with Warhawk plat then there isn´t any 5 star plat left until SSF4 releases.

2nd week in row in busiest members, Gow collection has great trophy set

Great work Arcturus

You mean only 5 star plat that isn't *listed*.

I would contend that Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Metallica and Van Halen are all easily 5 stars.

Yeah thats what i meant

Are they really that hard. I remembered when i was playing Gh3 i couldn´t play for more than 1 hour cause my eyes hurt.

There's still 1 5 star plat left that noone in the league has : WKC...

Is it really 5 star plat?

41.89% rate it a 10 on ps3trophies.org

exact average difficulty : 8.54 and that includes the 5 douchebag out of 74 that voted it as very easy...

It should be a 4.5 in the end but there isn't 4.5 here...

It's not really hard per say, but time consuming ala Warhawk with the fact that some day you will make good progress, some you won't, depending who you play with.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:
Tbone said:
Ail said:
Tbone said:
fadetoone said:
Tbone said:
Nice finally someone with SF4 plat Congratz to Encoded, now we only need 1 with Warhawk plat then there isn´t any 5 star plat left until SSF4 releases.

2nd week in row in busiest members, Gow collection has great trophy set

Great work Arcturus

You mean only 5 star plat that isn't *listed*.

I would contend that Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Metallica and Van Halen are all easily 5 stars.

Yeah thats what i meant

Are they really that hard. I remembered when i was playing Gh3 i couldn´t play for more than 1 hour cause my eyes hurt.

There's still 1 5 star plat left that noone in the league has : WKC...

Is it really 5 star plat?

41.89% rate it a 10 on ps3trophies.org

exact average difficulty : 8.54 and that includes the 5 douchebag out of 74 that voted it as very easy...

It should be a 4.5 in the end but there isn't 4.5 here...

It's not really hard per say, but time consuming ala Warhawk with the fact that some day you will make good progress, some you won't, depending who you play with.

Darn I just checked and Star Ocean is rated 9.71 .......( 0.3 higher than SF4 and WipeoutHD !)

KylieDog said:
How is WKC meant to be 5 star, all impressions make it to be an unchallenging game, the plat just requires time. Time is worth 1 star at best.

If the point of the star system was to make people not jus chase after easy platinums, shouldn't it also make it so people dont completely avoid long platinums? Surely for something as extreme as the 500 hour WKC 5 stars are deserved.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

It's ok, let Kyliedog spend 1000 hours to get a platinum and then see how he feels.

Everyone that has the platinum for WKC has stated they spent like 500-600 hours to get it. It probably takes like 180-190 hours just to get to Guild Rank 10 (glad they didn't have a trophy for getting to GR15, which is the max). The hard part for quests is finding a competent group that can help complete it, since soloing any quest past GR8 or 9 (unless you have GR12+ equipment) is not going to be too possible.

Around the Network

I don't think Kylie gets that games supposedly hard are just time consuming..
I mean ppls say Batman AA shock and awe extreme is hard.
Guess what, do it 30-40 times and you will beat it, nothing special, just some time spent...

Same thing with games were very hard mode is required for Platinum when that mode is actually hard.

You will die more than usual, spend more time cleaning it than normal mode but in the end it's just additional time...

NGS2 master ninja is hard kinda, I still beat the few chapters I tried, just took me longer than the normal mode chapters.

First I dont know who said FF13 is 150 hours; the consensus is 80 - 120.

Second, by your arguments people would be penalized in this league for trying to platinum certain games, namely the likes of WKC and Star Ocean. The whole point of the star system is, if someone wished to go after games that take a bit longer to plat, their position on the plat leaderboards would take less of a hit. For some games, a single extra star doesn't do much. For up to maybe 80 - 100 hours, 1 additional star might be fine. For WKC, which is 500 hours, those 450 extra hours spent to plat should only be worth an extra star? When games like Terminator gets you that star in under 10 hours?

I realize really we're arguing semantics of the term "difficulty." But time is an obstacle. Hell, getting a phd is easy if you're willing to put in the work into grades as an undergrad, then research as a grad.

As for the dead online communities argument... To change it now would unfairly benefit the people who got it under optimal conditions. I think the only time a rating should be changed because a game's difficulty suddenly changed is if the game got patched very shortly after release, like a week one patch that radically changes teh difficulty. Beyond that, precedence of previously earned trophies make changing the rating a bad idea.

Also, someone thinking about trying to plat a game can make a choice of going for it or not. Someone who already platted a game no longer has that choice. Therefore stars should stay consistent, so people who make the decision to plat a game knows that they'll always get what they deserved; whereas if suddenly the difficulty changes, it's up to the trophy hunter to decide "is this still worth it," to which they can always answer "no."

Of course, if no one in the league's platted it yet, changing the rating then would be a trivial thing.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Finally got around to playing F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin.

The paranormal effects are extremely well done and overall I am enjoying the game very much. Too bad half of the trophies are online....god I hate online trophies.

As far as the ongoing discussion regarding trophy difficulty criteria I feel that time factor should definitely be included in rating plat difficulty, as chengue4 pointed out.

I think it would be appropriate to develop some sort of algorithm where average completion time is calculated. More than likely the current rating system would have to be raised to 10 cap. Online based plats should be honored as first come, first served basis.

I kinda see where Kyliedog is coming from, time consuming is not always the same as hard.
e.g is Megaman10 and Wipeout HD/Fury the same as Resistance 2's 10k online kill?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Damm maybe i shouldn´t ask if WKC is a 5 star plat lol

Kyliedog damm u are harsh. I kinda agree but at some point i think u should put time consuming into consideration when u rate a game. Its the same with Dragon age, its easy but takes over 100 hours imo it shouldn´t be rated as an easy plat as Hannah montana or Terminator salvation.