By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS Japan: Japanese consumers will agree that Xbox 360 is the best

MSOFT is just full of a bunch of idiots, plain simple.

Around the Network

i dont see it staying at over 10k for long

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Gobias said:
Krill said:
Gobias said:
gebx said:
I'm excited to see the next set of numbers in Japan.

Of course the number will drop, but I'm hoping it stays over 10k and then never go back below 8k for the rest of the year.

I laughed.

Microsoft do seem to have built some momentum in Japan with some shops selling out of 360's this week as well:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=100&id=37584

I was expecting a pretty large drop in 360 numbers but the indications are that it won't be so bad, plus the sell out status is probably creating a bit of a buzz.  Not long now for this week's Japan numbers to be posted; I don't think you'll be laughing when you see them.

I forgot that when it sells ~10k for one week that means it will do it for the rest of the year. Thanks for the reminder.

You bolded the part of gebx's post where he stated that he hoped the 360 would sell over 10k this week, so it's natural to assume you were laughing about that as well.  

Just to be clear, the 360 sold 30K for the week it was restocked in Japan and even then some suppliers did not have sufficient stock to meet demand.  Also, gebx said that he hoped it wouldn't go back below 8k, not 10k, for the rest of the year. Why are you trying to move the goal posts? Afraid that the 360 may settle around the 8k in Japan?

Now I thought you were supposed to show humility in Japan, not start out by saying even though you've only sold 700 K or so in 3 years you're the best...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
patjuan32 said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't wait to find out what those are, MS has a crapload of money...............KH3 and DQX X360 exclusive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MS Games has a budget just like every other company. They can not spend and spend. They have to also turn a profit to justify their existence. KH3 and DQX will sell well on any system. There for Square can put those games on any platform, DS, PSP, Wii, PS3, and the Xbox 360 (but I doubt this. Sales are not strong in Japan and this is the reason why FFXIII is not being released in Japan).

True but MS budget is big as hell, they can buy more exclusives, timed exclusives and/or get simultaneous MP releases. It will not surprise me if it's one of those 2, maybe even Monster Hunter 3 and MGS 4 on the 360.

UUUMMM NO!! And how many times did Hideo Kojima reject this plan?

I still think it's hilarious that people think it's up to Kojima. Let me say that if M$ put enough money in front of the Konami Execs it would be a 360 game and there would be nothing Kojima could do.

It was Kojima who denied the game being put on the 360. It was his right, even though Konami was pressuring him to go 360. Kojima essentially saved the PS3's 2008 year.