By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS Japan: Japanese consumers will agree that Xbox 360 is the best

The number 1 player on geometry wars is from japan.^^

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

XBox 360 in Japan has live where you can play with other players and stuff and has marketplace for games, but I don't think it has a marketplace for movies and tv shows, that's only US/some European countries/Canada for now I think, maybe Australia.

Yes there are japanese players, I see them regularly on Phantasy Star Universe and Beautiful Katamari.  Even the Beautiful Katamari global leaderboard shows japanese players there.

And yes their xbox marketplace is pretty sad as their movie section is basically documentaries on American stuff.. :o

Their Inside XBox newsletter thing is pretty good with regular previews and news from XBox 360 Famitsu staff

as well as interviews with japanese developers like this main namco guy who did the ToV

plus info and video of japanese press conferences like Capcom talking about their current games line

^^ Nice post piggychan, its cool to see what Live has in a different region. Thanks for posting the info!

I've never laughed harder than when I saw this thread title. I want to see Fishy's reaction

Around the Network

I guess all those Japanese players that kicked my ass in DoA4 online were fake

Yeah, the video marketplace is pretty shabby over here. Nothing much really there. As for everything else regarding XBL, it's all fine. Online playing/XBLA/demos/content dl's/etc. I've been using XBL here in Japan on my Japanese 360 for awhile now.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

FilaBrasileiro said:
bumidan said:
They should have LIVE in Japan. I've played with Japanese players before on COD4 - from Japan - they were speaking Japanese all the way, and their names are not "english", they had japanese characters

How do you know they were japanese characters and not korean?

Just a hint but japanese and korean characters are not like the other.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

smbu2000 said:

Yeah, the video marketplace is pretty shabby over here. Nothing much really there. As for everything else regarding XBL, it's all fine. Online playing/XBLA/demos/content dl's/etc. I've been using XBL here in Japan on my Japanese 360 for awhile now.

Why does the video marketplace suck over there? I mean Sony is supposedly releasing the PSN video store in Japan this week already.....

Bitmap Frogs said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
bumidan said:
They should have LIVE in Japan. I've played with Japanese players before on COD4 - from Japan - they were speaking Japanese all the way, and their names are not "english", they had japanese characters

How do you know they were japanese characters and not korean?

Just a hint but japanese and korean characters are not like the other.

If you know one language or the other, to me, when I see those little drawings, be it Korean, Japanese, Chinese, whatever, they all look the same to me.