By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster: day of crisis gets 34/ 40 from famitsu

Darc Requiem said:
This is encouraging but Famitsu's reviews, well video game reviews in general, have been shaky as of late. I want to see more scores and more importantly get the opportunity read what the reviews have to say about the game. I like the concept behind it and have been looking forward to it since I got my Wii at launch. So its more than likely going to be a first day purchase for me.

The best bet is wait to see what people here say. The opinions of forum goers is better then critics who let their opinions sway too easily. Many people will give a fair and honest answer about how much fun they had with it.

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
I don't buy this idea then Famitsu reviews are mainly based on hype.

Also, am I to believe that IGN/Gamespot/Gamepro etc. never let hype get in the way of their reviews?

If Famitsu can give a horrendous game like Final Fantasy 12 40/40, then I'm going to stay optimistic of any other game they review.

Proud Member of the Sonic Support Squad

(Just copied from my post in the news section)

http://ebten.jp/eb/p/DS0811/index.htm
(Electronic excerpt of Famitsu Wii+DS November Edition, click the "Flash..." button and type "9" in the PageJump box to see the review page)

AFAIK, this score comes from "Famitsu Wii+DS", which usually gives higher scores than the real "Famitsu" (e.g. Famitsu Wii+DS gives TOS-R 35 while Famitsu gives 31 only)

Famitsu releases every Wednesday, and since the last issue didn't review this game yet, I expect the true Famitsu score arrives tomorrow.

Handheld Nintendo 3DS [Cosmo Black] (JP)
  Nintendo 3DS [Aqua Blue] (JP)
Console Nintendo Wii (JP)
Gaming PC Intel Core i7-2600
  ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
  ASUS ENGTX580 DCII
  Corsair DDR3-1333 16GB
  Team Xtreem S1 120GB SSD
  Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850W
Soriku said:
lol what does difficulty is expensive mean? XD

The Japanese word 高い (takai) can be used to express "high" or "elevated", as well as "expensive".
Without seeing the original Japanese, my guess is that it says something like "難度が高い" (nando ga takai) "the difficulty level is high", but the auto translator mistakenly translated it as "expensive".

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Around the Network

Pretty solid score..
I will buy it

The normal Weekly famitsu give it a 31/40

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336272

Not bad, but Ouch for Unknown soldier