By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Seems like the panic of FFXIII was Microsoft PR

I am surprised people are still discussing this. I thought the fanboys got past this by now. Wada said himself that Euro/NA version of FFXIII will be a simultaneous release. He is the head of SE. I think he may know what he is talking about.

Around the Network
xenophon13 said:
And they specifically say that the PS3 version will not be delayed in any way, and that they are going for as quick a release as possible world wide.

Misleading article and bad source.  Your information is incorrect.

FF13 will be released on PS3 and 360 at the same time in the US/Europe.

Thank you. And it sounds to me like people who only own 360s are a bit scared of the thought of a (planned) PS3 exclusive (FFVersusXIII) remaining PS3 exclusive. *Sigh*

No, they simply expect the PS3 to lose all of its high profile exclusives.  They've lost /most/ of them already and they've lost the biggest world wide and in the US (GTA 4) and the second biggest in the US (FF 13).

blazinhead89 said:

So you think PS3 will still be $399 till 2010? O kay

Don't be ridiculous, the game won't be delayed for that long. Porting a game that was developed with an engine that works on PC in the first place is not going to be so different from the 360. Remember that it's Microsoft that developed the Windows technology in the first place, and they also developed the 360. It would be surprising to see SE work on an Apple computer, seriously!

Did you ever think it was more of a localization issue than porting issue? :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

xenophon13 said:

Ok, so if you check out the link below, in an interview in OPM it is stated that the 360 development will not even begin until after the completion of the PS3 game. With as slow as SE is, that might take as much as a year before they port the game to the 360. So really all that panic and MS pr about stealing it away was for nothing. It is just like Bioshock coming to ps3, its cool and all but it doesn't have the impact if a day and date multiplatform title.

PS3 FFXIII might as well be an exclusive because do you think that people who really want to play it are going to wait EVEN longer than they have already? And it other news, in seems like the game is close to being finished.

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2008/09/22/ffxiii-interview-development-progress-update.html

I think somebody should do a little more research before making threads.

It's been known for a while that 360 development won't start until FFXIII PS3 is completed (JAPANESE VERSION), and it's widely believed (I think confirmed, but I don't have a source) that 360 porting occurs when the english translation is being done with the PS3 version.

By doing this, S-E gives Japan exclusivity of FFXIII, whilst all other regions get both 360 and PS3 versions at the same time.

@Exclusivity talk: Seriously, fanboy nonsense, both sides. The only real world difference between the 360 and PS3 is blu-ray. Cell in real world application is not as powerful as paper stats suggest and neither is 360's advantage in the GPU department.

Furthermore, development costs ensure that MOST games (exclusive or otherwise) won't "take full advantage of X console" because very few companies are willing to bank on recuperating their losses in development by "working so hard" that's why FFXIII went multiplatform, that's why S-E are making crappy shovelware to finance the high end games and that's why the only exclusive content we'll see this generation HD console wise is from bought exclusivity.

There's a reason games kept looking better even at the very end of last gen, because they've never (and probably never did) taken full advantage of a consoles capabilities. I don't care how much crap cliffyb and Kojima spout about how hard they worked, in 2 years time both 360 and PS3 will have games that will look much better than Gears and MGS4 (By actually pushing the consoles further OR by refining the game engines so that they can have more for less). 

The only thing MGS4 showed was how good blu-ray was for having more space, it showed NOTHING else to prove PS3 exclusives are indeed better than PS3 multiplatform.

So don't tell me X exclusive game takes full advantage of a consoles capabilities, because that's a load of crap, look at last year, best looking game was mulitplatform (CoD4).

CGI-Quality said:
@ blazinghead

Thank you. And it sounds to me like people who only own 360s are a bit scared of the thought of a (planned) PS3 exclusive (FFVersusXIII) remaining PS3 exclusive. *Sigh* How can games being on multiple platforms be better? They take no advantage of a specific platform. I'll say it again MGS4 would NOT be the masterpiece it is today if it was on the 360. That game took advantage of the PS3 - no wonder it's a masterpiece. So now tell me how can a game be better when you strip away portions of it to get it to run on multiple platforms that also are less powerful **cough cough RAGE cough cough** PC > PS3 > 360.

Right, even after the head of id Software said there wasnt any sacrifices? Seriously, whats with this silliness of going against what the official people who are in charge of making the actual games about?

And fyi, I bet you Gears / Halo took advantage of the superiority of the Live network and would have caused alot of problems for Sony based on their past record *koff koff MGO koff* if it came out on PS3. I also heard today that LBP is not coming out with a main feature (Multiplayer Create) until after the game is released. By your reasoning, LBP could have been so much better on 360 because of the seamlessness of the Live network and the already very heavy online based gamer userbase on Live.

Is MGS4 a good game. Yes, with very nice graphics, but with some flaws in the gameplay and pacing of the cinematics. Just because it has nice graphics doesnt make it a masterpiece to everyone.

Mutliplatform games cannot be better? Fallout 3? Far Cry 2?

Oh and FFVersus13 is not even on my radar anymore. Interesting how Versus XIII is going to be a much better game than XIII after the announcement, I hardly think thats a coincidence.

Around the Network

You realize that meaningless unconfirmed rumors that have been directly refuted by Square-Enix and Microsoft are meaningless, unconfirmed, and have been directly disputed by Square-Enix and Microsoft, right?

What's it like believing everything you read on the Internet?

@CGI-Quality

Games being better by taking advantage of specific console resources is basically a talking point. The graphical difference between the consoles are barely noticeable even at their maximum potentials, and multiple discs are easily possible on all games.

Games are better that are multiplat because more gamers get to play those great games. You should be willing to sacrafice a non-noticable insignificant rock texture downgrade in order to allow 3 million of your fellow gamers to play Verses, and I would certainly sacrafice the same for millions of PS3 owners to get to play Gears of War or Fable 2. You need to start thinking for yourself, and drop the Sony bias, because it makes people marginalize and disregard your posts.

It's fine to be enthusiastic(though you're overdoing it a bit) about your console, but it's not cool to prey that games stay exclusive to your console, just to screw over people who made a different decision. I understand that you want your console to be the best, but we're gamers, this is about games, not about the company that makes the game player. The more people that get to play the good ones, the better.

Try to distinguish between a fanboy hope and a gamer hope. Gamers want games to go multiplat. They don't lose anything from it. You don't lose anything from a game going multiplat. Period. Sony does. Microsoft does. You don't. Thousands of gamers just like yourself gain an excellent game, the game's developer gain more audience for their work and higher profits, and gamers in general might even gain a sequel. Trading that away for no except the ability to brag on a message forum? That sure is throwing away a lot of good stuff for gamers, just so you can justify owning a Playstation 3 to a group of strangers.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Everstar said:
^ why wouldn't it be? They are losing a ton of money on it already can they afford to lose more?

Why wouldn't what be?

I guess my Japanese studies are going to go for something. I'm not going to wait fo another version. I don't care what the platform the intended version for, but I fear I'm going to have to wait a while for them to finish the 360 version.

I'm importing all the way and I think I will have a reasonable understanding of Japanese by that time.

PS3 = Region Free and that feature came at the right time.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

xenophon13 said:

Ok, so if you check out the link below, in an interview in OPM it is stated that the 360 development will not even begin until after the completion of the PS3 game.  With as slow as SE is, that might take as much as a year before they port the game to the 360.  So really all that panic and MS pr about stealing it away was for nothing.  It is just like Bioshock coming to ps3, its cool and all but it doesn't have the impact if a day and date multiplatform title.

PS3 FFXIII might as well be an exclusive because do you think that people who really want to play it are going to wait EVEN longer than they have already?  And it other news, in seems like the game is close to being finished.

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2008/09/22/ffxiii-interview-development-progress-update.html

im hoping for english subs, or an asian release

il buy it str8 away when it releases

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

simultaneous release means that microsoft must of paid alot, and i mean ALOT.