By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Malstrom: Why Wii Music is Genius

Metallica is not some random retro band. They have been the premiere metal band in the world since Master of Puppets in the eighties.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network

@Paul Warren: Yes it is. They are playing their retro music from the eighties.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

It looks like their new album which was number one in the US last week has new songs on it.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

@Paul Warren: Yeah, but their music is still retro. If Elvis wouldn't be dead after all and would have been hiding in Norway disguised himself as John Paul II, and would come back to make a new song, similar to his old ones, he'd still be a retro artist making retro songs.
Besides, Metallica is largely selling records only for their established fanbase from eighties and early nineties.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

bdbdbd said:
@Paul Warren: Yeah, but their music is still retro. If Elvis wouldn't be dead after all and would have been hiding in Norway disguised himself as John Paul II, and would come back to make a new song, similar to his old ones, he'd still be a retro artist making retro songs.
Besides, Metallica is largely selling records only for their established fanbase from eighties and early nineties.

Fuck, he's on to me...

Around the Network

@Mummelmann: Yeah, you can't fool me. Everytime i go to your profile and it tells me that Mummelmann has left VGChartz, i know you're just passed out behind the keyboard.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Omg, Nintendo Fans (including me)!! Open your eyes... Nintendo is only giving you crap since the N64. I've opened my eyes and sold my Wii. Plz do the same.. Nintendo is stealing your money....

Seriously though. People who will enjoy Wii Music are in a segment of gaming all their own. I just cant fathom it, maybe thats my problem. I liked a few games on the Wii but the motion controls never wowed me, so when they come out with a new way to use it I am always skeptical.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

slimeattack said:

Wii Music is a piece of crap. It is accessible but it isn't immersive or fun in any way. It won't even break one million (at least in NA/EU), quote me on this.

DISCLAIMER: My post isn't supposed to be trolling, no matter how you spin the definition of "troll".

Consider it done!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

@dharh: No they aren't. The audience who plays games in non-competetive sense (for fun) are really in the core of the target group. The reason why the group gets so much ignored, is because the games that include non-competetive values usually includes competetive values too and therefore get lost within rest of the audience.
Think how much Nintendogs have sold and the fun in Nintendogs isn't achieving or competing. How many people play Singstar just to get to sing karaoke. Or GTA games, how much have they sold and how many people have told they play them to get to listen to radio, looking the scenery or just to do something stupid, without a purpose to achieve something. Or maybe a better question would be how many people play GTA because of its seemingly freedom.

When you look at it from the values standpoint, you'll notice that a big chunck of the current audience already plays games based on values Wii Music is based on.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.