By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Australia Vs. Canada

Quick question about the Australian dollar. Is that measured against the USD? Because if it is, I'm not sure how much of that has anything to do with the Australian economy or political scene. The sinking US dollar has led to huge gains in the Loonie as well. A few short years ago we were at almost 65 cents to the USD. Right now we're at about 95 cents. We may hit par soon.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I'd say Canada because Australia is having a drought atm. However, I'm not really fund of the remoteness in either country :/

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

stof said:
hey. Toronto's pretty cool. Just in an amusement park sort of way. It's great to go for the day, but after you need to go home and rest your head from all the noise, rest your wallet from all the money spent and rest your lungs from whatever it was you just breathed in.

Now Montreal. THATS a city. And I doubt Australia has an equivalent to it.

Isn't Montreal the "Amsterdam of North America" ;) Sorry, your video games are too damn expensive in AU, other than that I loved visiting Sydney. I'm a diver and the Reef was amazing, but I think I'd have to go with Montreal, CAN instead. Or in the far east, maybe Singapore, or Tokyo.

big tiddles said:
id live up ur moms *** so i culd **** her 24/7

How did this moron make it to 100 posts?

Not trying to derail your thread, just wondering, sorry.

Two perfectly awesome countries. But as a swede I don't know if I could stand the heat in Australia all year long.
I know the answer, Canada in the spring and summer, Australia in the fall and winter! Too bad they coincide :)

My conclusion is.... Canada!

Around the Network

God damn it, nothing's wrong with Toronto D:

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

stof said:
Quick question about the Australian dollar. Is that measured against the USD? Because if it is, I'm not sure how much of that has anything to do with the Australian economy or political scene. The sinking US dollar has led to huge gains in the Loonie as well. A few short years ago we were at almost 65 cents to the USD. Right now we're at about 95 cents. We may hit par soon.

US dollar movements have a strong effect on the Australian Dollar, but they are not pegged to eachother (i think they were 30 years ago).  The AU has been rising against the Greenback for months.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Well since we're on to currency, I just checked and the Australian dollar is worth 91 cents Canadian. So you guys are pretty close to us.

Your dollar is also worth 86.9 cents American
and our dollar is worth 95.5 cents American.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I will go with Canada, because I could practice my French more often.

I live in Minnesota (on the left end of the Great Lakes and southern border of Canada in the middle of the continent for those who don't know), so I think Canada would be pretty homey -- less people, more health care, and a Frenchy province, but close enough.

Actually, we've been warmer than usual with little snow these past few years, so Canada might have a more homelike climate than home for me now. Damn you global warming!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!