By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Australia Vs. Canada

I'm not one for hot weather, so Canada for me.

Around the Network

Ray buddy, you can say whatever you want about Howard's ethics, but to even suggest that his policies hurt small (or large) business is laughable. The alternatives are Labor or the Greens, both recession's waiting to happen. Besides, Howard is keeping the dollar high, which should prevent more console price rises and make it easier to drop them for sony and microsoft:)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Can i say neither, Canada is not all that and the heat in Aus land would kill me.

Is give New Zealand a good try, some where near the mountains.

Canada for sure but I might be a little bias considering i'm Canadian and all.

Canada has Royal Mounties.

'Nuff said.

Around the Network

Hmmm first I can say I love both countries it is in my list of countries where I would like to live (Canada, australia, Switzerland, FRANCE and China (for GF) ).

Hmm I love the warm weather but maybe it is to much (Australia) and Canada is again (I heared that) many times very cold and I hate that.

I can speak the languages of Canada and Australia and I guess my country (for family) is far away depending if I would live in one of those two countries.

Nah I can not choose :s sorry.

starcraft said:
Ray buddy, you can say whatever you want about Howard's ethics, but to even suggest that his policies hurt small (or large) business is laughable. The alternatives are Labor or the Greens, both recession's waiting to happen. Besides, Howard is keeping the dollar high, which should prevent more console price rises and make it easier to drop them for sony and microsoft:)

Wish I could agree. We have seen NO savings since the dollar (versus $US) has gone from first 55c (many years ago) to 66c (a few years ago) to 74c (typical just a year or two back) to 85c (now - virtually a 20yr high). New release PS3/360 titles are still $120AU.

The high dollar is terrible for any Australian exporters (and most of our big companies are all exporters), bad for local producers (makes imported goods cheaper) and bad for the tourist industry (a large part of the economy - as its cheaper for OS visitors to go somewhere else instead).

It does have some longer-term beneficial economic effects though, if you can survive through all of this...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

id live up ur moms ass so i culd fuck her 24/7

Currently I'd have to say Canada as I have some family there and a couple of people I sorta know. My current location is west coast USA, but much more likely going to be Japan for at least a little while.

has to be australia for me, simple reason, afl