By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour: L.A. Noire no longer PS3 Exclusive

Link: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/19/rumor-l-a-noire-no-longer-ps3-exclusive-still-a-year-away/

Rumor: L.A. Noire no longer PS3 exclusive, still a year away

The long-in-development L.A. Noire, a collaboration between Rockstar and ex-Getaway alumni at Australia's Team Bondi, may no longer be exclusive to PlayStation 3. The title – which has been shrouded in mystery befitting of its film noire trappings – was originally rumored to be bankrolled by Sony itself for release solely on its platform.

Speaking at GC Asia '08, Game Developers' Association of Australia president Tom Crago said that, from what he surmises, development on the game has "another year or so to go." He also revealed that it "could be the biggest budget video game in development anywhere in the world," calling it a "massive, massive project." Crago also indicated that the game is in development for both PS3 and 360, which, if true, would rule it out as the PS3-exclusive Rockstar project Sony has been touting once and for all.

Another one bites the dust

Around the Network

No one will know yet until its official.

Already posted.

It's a fun thread to read, btw.

These rumours have been going for so long... I do believe them though

Would be so surprised in it turns up to be a multi.

Around the Network

I would be highly surprised if it wasn't true, considering it's been hovering near confirmed for a year, and just recently the developer of the game confirmed it.(just not the publisher) adding to the stockpile of evidence indicating that it will go multiplat.

The game looks great. I've always thought that. I'm looking forward to it either way.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

la noire was always going to be multiplat, everyone knew ages ago. the mix up came when rockstar and sony announced a brand new exclusive franchise thats only going to be ps3 only. and ppl wondered if it was la noire, in which sony themselfs said the new exclusive franchise isnt la noire.n eithr way this game looks good and should make a good game for ps360 owners

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

L.A. Noire: The exact definition of vaporware.

Locked.

Dupe

To Each Man, Responsibility