By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will happen first - PS3 @ 4 million, or Wii @ 10 million?

PS3 @ 4 million because of the price-cut and Hot Shots Golf 5 release in Japan in 2 weeks

Around the Network

It will absolutely be the PS3 to 4 million first. In fact, i wouldn't be shocked to see that happen within the next week for Sony. With the hot new rumor out that there won't be any more 60gb with EE being produced or sold in NA once stock runs out, it will most likely cause a huge rush for people to run out and get one before they are gone and the only option is the $599 80gb version with motorstorm. Then again, Sony could come out today and squash that rumor and set people straight on what the actual plan is.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

i think the sources prediction is spot on, 4 weeks after this one, ps3 hits 4m and wii hits 10m, i think 3 weeks after this one the ps3 will fall short of 4m by about 10,000-20,000 units.

starcraftmaniac - i dont know why you think the price cut wont make any difference at all, sales seem to have nearly doubled this week for the ps3 in america

It basically come down to what will have a bigger effect on sales. The "price cut" on PS3 in the US or the release of Dragon Quest: Swords in Japan. It is definitely going to be close but I will go with the Wii. I don't see the PS3 sales spike to overcome the boost DQ:S will give the Wii in Japan.

Hard call, i'd say PS3 in 4-5 weeks and Wii in 5-6 weeks

based on a guess that ps3 might be able to hold an average of 60-75k during that time.. i reckon the most likely scenario though is, they both reach it in the same 5th week

Around the Network
jjseth said:
It will absolutely be the PS3 to 4 million first. In fact, i wouldn't be shocked to see that happen within the next week for Sony. With the hot new rumor out that there won't be any more 60gb with EE being produced or sold in NA once stock runs out, it will most likely cause a huge rush for people to run out and get one before they are gone and the only option is the $599 80gb version with motorstorm. Then again, Sony could come out today and squash that rumor and set people straight on what the actual plan is.

Its not a rumor JJseth. Kaz Hirai confirmed it in a video interview. In fact, here is the link, he says so at 1:40. http://atvs.vg.no/player/?id=10235

It's a pretty desparaging gap no matter who reaches what first.

Both should reach their milestones on the same week.
PS3 sales have increased with the price cut and DQ:Monsters should propel sales in Japan.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

If the announcement of a better PS3 comming doesn't discourage fans altogether

Well, I can't exactly see that video from work so I'll wait for confirmation from SCEA that is in printable form.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.