By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A few really bad things I read about Obama

BenKenobi88 said:

No offense to you marciosmg, but why is it that conspiracy theories or far out accusations about US politics always come from foreigners?  It just seems like they think this is all a game or a movie plot.  I'm not trying to discriminate against other countries...it's just an observation from endless forum posts here.  "I'm not from this country, but here's a description of your government I found from The Inquirer!"

If someone was going to believe some of these stories, even though most of them are simply not true, partially true, blown out of proportion, or taken out of context, there's not usually much you can do change their minds, so it's usually best to consider them a lost cause.

This is really just what happens during every election crunch though...each campaign tries to dig up as much insignificant dirt on the other candidate before the election, and nobody really acts on any of it, since most reasonable people realize it's bullshit...you'd be surprised what multi-million dollar campaigns for the highest office in the US will "dig up."

It's an interesting thread marciosmg, and it's not wrong of you to bring these links up...it's just annoying since I would think it's obvious most are fabrications of some kind.

Non-taken, though I think you shouldn´t have used the face-palm pic. I´m not trying to hate on Obama or the americans. I´m very much an "americanized" person. I probably know more about the US culture and judicial system than my own country.

The only reason I did this is because even though I have been following the american election I have never seen any of what I posted ever mentioned.

Like you said, the election means a lot of people doing a lot of digging and I never saw anyone mention this. While I ´m not american and have nothing against Obama (I don´t really believe this things), I suddenly see all this articles (in English, so it wasn´t from a foreigner) that says all this things and it shows me how bias most of the media is.

In fact, in my country all the news and opinions pieces come directly from left-wing papers like The New York Times (Paul Krugman has his column printed on my paper regularly), so you never get to hear from the other side and that pisses me off a little bit.

When Bush was running for reelection the local papers would talk so much about how americans are tired of him and the war, so I truly believed Kerry would win by a landslidde. But come election time and Bush wins by like 4 million votes.

So, like I said in the first post, this thread was meant to level the playing field. If people (I think Rubang did it - if not, sorry) are gonna post strange stories about how Palin´s new son is actually his grandson, other people should about this, so that everybody is better informed and/or annoyed with all the conspiracy theories.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

Poor Obama! Hate campaign or what!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Sansui said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I once read that Barack Obama and John McCain are both part of an international conspiracy that runs all the banks and wars in the world.

And one time I read we didn't land on the moon, the Earth is flat, and that people and dinosaurs lived together.

omfg.  I read the same thing!  It's true!

Shhh, don't tell anyone that Bush sr. and jr. are in there as well.... 

marciosmg said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Non-taken, though I think you shouldn´t have used the face-palm pic. I´m not trying to hate on Obama or the americans. I´m very much an "americanized" person. I probably know more about the US culture and judicial system than my own country.

The only reason I did this is because even though I have been following the american election I have never seen any of what I posted ever mentioned.

Like you said, the election means a lot of people doing a lot of digging and I never saw anyone mention this. While I ´m not american and have nothing against Obama (I don´t really believe this things), I suddenly see all this articles (in English, so it wasn´t from a foreigner) that says all this things and it shows me how bias most of the media is.

In fact, in my country all the news and opinions pieces come directly from left-wing papers like The New York Times (Paul Krugman has his column printed on my paper regularly), so you never get to hear from the other side and that pisses me off a little bit.

When Bush was running for reelection the local papers would talk so much about how americans are tired of him and the war, so I truly believed Kerry would win by a landslidde. But come election time and Bush wins by like 4 million votes.

So, like I said in the first post, this thread was meant to level the playing field. If people (I think Rubang did it - if not, sorry) are gonna post strange stories about how Palin´s new son is actually his grandson, other people should about this, so that everybody is better informed and/or annoyed with all the conspiracy theories.

Palin's a she.

And that's understandable if you always get left-wing media in your country...you'd probably bash your skull in with a hammer if you watched Fox News every day though.  It's pretty much become a joke news show, but tons of conservatives still watch it and suck it all down.  They'll be talking about Obama and slip out "Osama" and go "oops, teehee!"  and "eh, what's the difference!  ho ho ho!"  It just makes me sick...they're beyond biased, they simply spew out lies and propoganda.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Ben, there's no use arguing with gullible people. BTW, I just read in a tabloid that Elvis was actually an alien all those years. It must be true because I read it.

Around the Network
Sansui said:
Ben, there's no use arguing with gullible people. BTW, I just read in a tabloid that Elvis was actually an alien all those years. It must be true because I read it.

it 2x true now b/c its on the internet, after all no one lies on the internet

This is why it is extreme hipocracy when the McCain camp claims that Palin is being attacked unfairly by the imaginary "liberal" media.

Please do as Rath recommended and look at factcheck.org before spreading this nonsense.

To everybody, I don´t believe any of this. I´m not attacking Obama. Stop turning this into some political argument, as if I am some conservative trying to attack Obama. I´m sorry if that was people thought I was doing.

I simply was shown this things and since I am not an american I had never heard of any of it and wanted to know if anyone that backs Obama heard of it (since they would want to know if it´s true or not and would be able to call bulshit on it).

@Sansui - Who´s arguing? I am not defending any of it.
@Ben - In my country it is very much all liberal media all the time. So if you guys have Fox News, you must also have other left-wing media to balance it. I don´t.
@whatever - I didn´t know this site existed.

Phew. People here need to chill down. I came here trying to make sense of all these things and people instead of at least trying to show that those are right-wing sites with bogus claims, started to attack and calling me gullible.

So, next time have a little bit more patience, please. Not everyone knows all this and not everyone lives in your country. Please.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

The alligatioins are about as true as the ones earlier saying Trig was really Bristol's. Which means they don't pass the 1% truth test lol

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Hey at least spreading those Palin baby rumors is what got her to immediately say her daughter was pregnant, which she was keeping secret. One rumor led to another which led to the truth. It was the result of the internet collectively vetting the mysterious stranger since McCain didn't do it himself. (In his own words, vetting a veep is "well basically it's a Google." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdNiXXqQMZ4)

Obama's not gonna come out and go "Well this guy isn't really a terrorist.... BUT I'M A SECRET MUSLIM" or anything.