By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A few really bad things I read about Obama

I once read that Barack Obama and John McCain are both part of an international conspiracy that runs all the banks and wars in the world.

And one time I read we didn't land on the moon, the Earth is flat, and that people and dinosaurs lived together.

Around the Network

Well I'm not sure how well known each of these scandals were, but if Obama didn't know that the person he was associating with was a terrorist or a racist, do you expect him to perform a background check on every person he works with?

Actually many of those have some basis to them. No one can know because all of the investigators are in Alaska investing whether or not a man who made death threats against the first family should have been fired or not....

Think about it. If a U.S. Marshall threatens to kill one of Bush's daughters... do you think he should be fired? Govs are like the presidents of their state.

To note, the only one that has been proven is the Rev. Wright one. the others however have some basis.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I once read that Barack Obama and John McCain are both part of an international conspiracy that runs all the banks and wars in the world.

And one time I read we didn't land on the moon, the Earth is flat, and that people and dinosaurs lived together.

omfg.  I read the same thing!  It's true!

No offense to you marciosmg, but why is it that conspiracy theories or far out accusations about US politics always come from foreigners?  It just seems like they think this is all a game or a movie plot.  I'm not trying to discriminate against other countries...it's just an observation from endless forum posts here.  "I'm not from this country, but here's a description of your government I found from The Inquirer!"

If someone was going to believe some of these stories, even though most of them are simply not true, partially true, blown out of proportion, or taken out of context, there's not usually much you can do change their minds, so it's usually best to consider them a lost cause.

This is really just what happens during every election crunch though...each campaign tries to dig up as much insignificant dirt on the other candidate before the election, and nobody really acts on any of it, since most reasonable people realize it's bullshit...you'd be surprised what multi-million dollar campaigns for the highest office in the US will "dig up."

It's an interesting thread marciosmg, and it's not wrong of you to bring these links up...it's just annoying since I would think it's obvious most are fabrications of some kind.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

lol, Tony Rezko a gangster. Rezko is just a crook who helpred Obama to buy his house in Chicago. Rezko is now in jail.

BenKenobi88 said:

No offense to you marciosmg, but why is it that conspiracy theories or far out accusations about US politics always come from foreigners?  It just seems like they think this is all a game or a movie plot.  I'm not trying to discriminate against other countries...it's just an observation from endless forum posts here.  "I'm not from this country, but here's a description of your government I found from The Inquirer!"

If someone was going to believe some of these stories, even though most of them are simply not true, partially true, blown out of proportion, or taken out of context, there's not usually much you can do change their minds, so it's usually best to consider them a lost cause.

This is really just what happens during every election crunch though...each campaign tries to dig up as much insignificant dirt on the other candidate before the election, and nobody really acts on any of it, since most reasonable people realize it's bullshit...you'd be surprised what multi-million dollar campaigns for the highest office in the US will "dig up."

It's an interesting thread marciosmg, and it's not wrong of you to bring these links up...it's just annoying since I would think it's obvious most are fabrications of some kind.

I agree with you 99%, but just because it happens every election does not mean none of it is true. We know Obama went to the Church of an America Hater, what you can argue is that Obama never went, so he did not know (somewhat possible).

Also great post. Make sure you copy and paste this when another Palin smear story comes along. Just to help people keep their heads straight. Basically you have to consider information, but you should not jump to conclusions.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Tony Soprano for president! /end thread

What I hate the most about Obama that never seems to be mentioned is he says he will bring change from Bush, yet his past is a lot like Bush's. Very little experience in public service, covering it up with an old guy as VP, yet the media eats it up.

cwbys21 said:
What I hate the most about Obama that never seems to be mentioned is he says he will bring change from Bush, yet his past is a lot like Bush's. Very little experience in public service, covering it up with an old guy as VP, yet the media eats it up.

Public service?  I assume you mean foreign experience, because pretty much all a presidential candidate does is public service.
And soo many presidential candidates are governors or senators with little actual foreign experience...but they're all knowledgable, and Obama is knowledgable.

That "never seems to be mentioned" because it's not true.  His past is not like Bush's, his ideas are totally different...I think you don't know what you're talking about, honestly.  McCain is way more like Bush than Obama is.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )