By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii accused of patent infringements!!!

yushire said:
dib8rman said:
@Yushire

You know you could report him for flame baiting, prefferably directly to Benga I don't think he likes Flame baiting much or was it Talon. ^_^

Just saying, he's not totally in the clear, just go back in this thread for about two posts he reffered to certain things *hint* that was very much flame bait regardless of his err semantics. =)

I actually got the warning. Just let him be I didnt mind about it.

Yeah me too I got a warning for saying he's a troll. I think we're falling in his trap.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

Nintendo do not copy people's ideas.

Honestly it can not be true. Nintendo innovate, they do not take ideas away from competitors

So why didnt' they do this 3 years ago? oh that's right now they can get alot of money.. gready bastards

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I think the main reason for the lawsuit lies with the bluetooth communication that the Wii Remote uses. Since it's practically "open", it can be used in other applications on PCs and used as an investigation device thanks to it's low price and no need to mod the hardware.

Around the Network
the_bloodwalker said:
I think the main reason for the lawsuit lies with the bluetooth communication that the Wii Remote uses. Since it's practically "open", it can be used in other applications on PCs and used as an investigation device thanks to it's low price and no need to mod the hardware.

If you read my earlier post, the BlueTooth is what is going to save Nintendo's butt actually, since the hillcrest device does not communicate via bluetooth.

bardicverse said:

If you read my earlier post, the BlueTooth is what is going to save Nintendo's butt actually, since the hillcrest device does not communicate via bluetooth.

I read it. And I agree

What I was sayin is that the Wii remote is being used in many PC applications not just gaming. And this worries Hillcrest to the point of suiting Nintendo. But as you said, the lawsuit won't prevail

The hillcrest device uses MOTION detected via MEMS to control the on screen selection and does not need to see the screen to select. The Wiimote uses infrared sensor / emitters to control the on screen selection and requires the screen to be pointed at (or, more accurately, the sensor bar) for the selection. There is no patent infringement. Hillcrest management should do their homework instead of wasting money on legal maneuvers.

Godot said:
yushire said:
dib8rman said:
@Yushire

You know you could report him for flame baiting, prefferably directly to Benga I don't think he likes Flame baiting much or was it Talon. ^_^

Just saying, he's not totally in the clear, just go back in this thread for about two posts he reffered to certain things *hint* that was very much flame bait regardless of his err semantics. =)

I actually got the warning. Just let him be I didnt mind about it.

Yeah me too I got a warning for saying he's a troll. I think we're falling in his trap.

When did that happen? You didnt post on this thread:/

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

A few on-topic points.

First, this news is ONE MONTH OLD. It was posted when it first was announced. (I posted in the thread but I am at a conference hotel with really slow Internet, so I can't find the link).

Related, the original announcement came out the day Hillcrest announced its product line.

Second, this news comes from the UK -- a place where a lot of Wiis have been sold and a lot of the video game press seem to enjoy actively throwing insults at the Wii.

Third, there is a big difference between investigation, indictment, and conviction. In other words, just looking it to it is no big deal.

Fourth, as has been pointed out, Nintendo licensed this technology. So someone else is also involved -- just yet unnamed.

Fifth, Nintendo could probably buy this company out if all else fails.

The reason Nintendo defends these suits -- and tends to do fairly well -- is to protect itself. I am not sure how some posters feel a small company will have access to more legal resources than one of the largest corporations in Japan -- unless it is a dummy company or being funded by larger competitor ... and that might change the complexion of a lot of things.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV