By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter Freedom 2 Madness

This is a day of PSP ! ! Famitsu If someone knows any numbers please post it !

Around the Network

Well ,it had nearly half a million prereservations so most of these japs must be going to the shop to take theirs .We know wich will be the best seller of this week (and month ) .Curious to see how much PSP will be sold this week ,there were many packs of the console plus the game and extras on offer .

The first Monster Hunter is the PSP's sole million seller, so its no surprise that the sequel is doing so well. This is most certainly going to be the number 1 selling game for the week. Probably for the next two or three weeks.

Diomedes1976 said: Well ,it had nearly half a million prereservations so most of these japs must be going to the shop to take theirs .We know wich will be the best seller of this week (and month ) .Curious to see how much PSP will be sold this week ,there were many packs of the console plus the game and extras on offer .
As far as I know, in many shop, MHP2 is in good demand. Probably, the sales of first week will become at least 400k. And it is paid a lot of attention how much will the total sales become. But there is unfavorable rumor about PSP. "MHP2 is in quick sale, but the sales of PSP don't improve so much." So, some says "the sales of MHP2 might get depressed next week, because PSP can't get new users."

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

y-koron said: As far as I know, in many shop, MHP2 is in good demand. Probably, the sales of first week will become at least 400k. And it is paid a lot of attention how much will the total sales become. But there is unfavorable rumor about PSP. "MHP2 is in quick sale, but the sales of PSP don't improve so much." So, some says "the sales of MHP2 might get depressed next week, because PSP can't get new users."
Personally I believe that this title will increase a sale of psp at least about 50K this week (~80K) then I expect about 10K more for few weeks (around 50K instead of 40K) I hope it will break magic barrier of 500K first week. This is one of the Famitsu most wanted title so we will learn how strongly software can pull hardware sale. EDIT: If this will not help... nothing will. This game is even more requested then FF:Crisis Core

Around the Network

Go SONYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even this is a rumor, the first day sales of MHP2 is about 400k.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

y-koron said: Diomedes1976 said: Well ,it had nearly half a million prereservations so most of these japs must be going to the shop to take theirs .We know wich will be the best seller of this week (and month ) .Curious to see how much PSP will be sold this week ,there were many packs of the console plus the game and extras on offer . As far as I know, in many shop, MHP2 is in good demand. Probably, the sales of first week will become at least 400k. And it is paid a lot of attention how much will the total sales become. But there is unfavorable rumor about PSP. "MHP2 is in quick sale, but the sales of PSP don't improve so much." So, some says "the sales of MHP2 might get depressed next week, because PSP can't get new users."
Well it manages new users each week ...I dont get this kind of ideas .Its like when someone says "if there are PS3 in the stores is because everybody who wanted one has one already " then the sales would be zero from then on .

I bet the game will sell very well, but the DS will still sell more than the PSP in hardware units. Not by the 100k+ as usual probably more like 20k.

Diomedes1976 said: y-koron said: Diomedes1976 said: Well ,it had nearly half a million prereservations so most of these japs must be going to the shop to take theirs .We know wich will be the best seller of this week (and month ) .Curious to see how much PSP will be sold this week ,there were many packs of the console plus the game and extras on offer . As far as I know, in many shop, MHP2 is in good demand. Probably, the sales of first week will become at least 400k. And it is paid a lot of attention how much will the total sales become. But there is unfavorable rumor about PSP. "MHP2 is in quick sale, but the sales of PSP don't improve so much." So, some says "the sales of MHP2 might get depressed next week, because PSP can't get new users." Well it manages new users each week ...I dont get this kind of ideas .Its like when someone says "if there are PS3 in the stores is because everybody who wanted one has one already " then the sales would be zero from then on .
Of cource, I think so. It is not good way to conclude about the sales of MHP2 by only the sales of PSP in one day. Probably, it shows the demand of PSP for MHP2 was dispersed former weeks and many users who want MHP2 already have PSP.