By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Secret Hit taken out on Sony's PLAYSTATION 3!

First Sony gets hit with a copyright patent suite with the Dualshock Controller Rumble function. This one might have really been Sony's fault. MS got hit with the same issue a few months prior to Imersion coming after Sony. Yet I cannot help but feel MS used this to their advantage. They tried to strike a deal with Immersion saying that Sony would not be allowed to have the feature. After about a year of a long strainuous battle with the company, Sony settled with them on the deal, somehow coming out unscathed(besided the 97million they lost). MS did not like this too much, in return suing Immersion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immersion_v._Sony

Next on the list is Sony's random legal battle over BluRay. Some random idiot all of a sudden has layed claim to the format, saying he invented the technology for it. Why he desided to come forth NOW and make these allegations is beyond me.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Sony_Faces_Bluray_Disc_Lawsuit/1180103112

Lastly, Now David Jaffe, creator of the God of War series. is being sued. Another random schmuck is suing him laying claim to the GOW story elements. This is the third time Sony in some way is being targeted as a gaming company. For all three of these things to be vital for Sony's success as a gaming company I find it perculiar that they have only now started to come forward with these claims.

http://kotaku.com/5051338/sony-david-jaffe-sued-over-god-of-war-copyright-infringement

Next we have some looser football player out of the Blue suing Sony AND EA for some more nonesense. Yet this one is really strange. Jim Brown sues EA and Sony for a likeness of himself being put in a multiplatform game,MADDEN. Geuss which big name company is missing from this law suite list?

http://kotaku.com/5031817/jim-brown-sues-ea-sony-gonna-git-them-suckas

I think that it is none other then MS that is behind this. We know that MS's only purpose of joining the console war was to ignite war between them and Sony. Sony has been getting closer and closer to becoming the worlds Enterainment HUB. This is what MS fears for if Sony succeeds it would rend MS as a whole useless. Afer the onslaugh the PS1/PS2 layed on PC sales, MS will do anything to put a stop to this. After the first tiny legal battle with Immersion, MS thought they could run off scott free, they had already taken the lead, with no sign of Sony making a comeback.  Now that Sony has shown that the PS3 is a force to be reckoned with, MS has started to fear for their place in the console war yet again. They have found a new hand full of rediculous lawsuite claims to plague Sony with.

Why do I think that MS is behind all of this you ask? Why can this not just be Sony's careless ness?

While this is indeed partially contributed to Sony's lack of checking  Copyright listings, this is all to strange to be a coincidence. All of these lawsuites came as soon as Sony wanted to get into this gen of gaming. Why did Immersion not sue in the 7 year span the PS2 was around? Why does this man lay claim on a form of disc format that has been out for some time now? Why is a man suing a man who created a game a few years ago, JUST as the newer AAA version is about to be hitting the PS3? Why does Jim Brown sue EA and Sony, but not the other two companies that also have the title on their system? These questions have one center, and that is that they all deal with the PS3. They all have the PS3 in mind as their main target. Who has the most to gain from the execution of the PS3? MICROSOFT, thats who?

I have a gut feeling they are behind this, not a doubt in my mind.....

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

I think you need a hug....

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I think you need a hug....

I think he's spot on... *puts on tin foil hat*

Did you just call Jim Brown "some loser football player"?

Get out.

Khuutra said:

Get out.

QFT

Around the Network

There's no consiparcy.

As to the weird timing of the lawsuits, people waited till the PS3 started selling better before they sued Sony, to maximise how much they could settle for.

A similar example is about a year ago, Ninty got sued for their classic and gamecube controllers. Why not sue 5 years ago? because the GC wasn't worth as much as the Wii is.

People sue left right and centre purely out of greed, not because MS is out to get Sony

PS I own a Wii, mac and a Xubuntu laptop, and even I think you're being too harsh on MS

Khuutra said:

Get out.

what's football?

OT: yup. tinfoil hat time folks.

MS should be countersued for acting like Loki (the trickster) from Norse mythology and ripping off countless bad movies in the process IMO.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

@Khuutra and Jackson 50

Sry. I don't watch football and have no freaking clue who Jim Brown is. Never heard of him before in my life. I just find him stupid as he is suing Sony and EA.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
@Khuutra and Jackson 50

Sry. I don't watch football and have no freaking clue who Jim Brown is. Never heard of him before in my life. I just find him stupid as he is suing Sony and EA.

I don't watch football either.

Jim Brown is widely considered the greatest professional football player to ever live. He is unquestionably the most successful running back of all time.

He was also an extremely important figure in the black civil rights movement, which makes him considerably more important than his stellar sports record would.

I can forgive ignorance. Jim Brown is possibly the greatest football player of all time. He is also a noted social activist who spends his time working with inner city gang members in the Los Angeles area.