By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the October 2nd conference is for hardcore, then I have a theory...

frybread said:
Do you actually think there's anything Nintendo could do to stop the haters? Seems to me people have made up their minds, and are going to find something to complain about no matter what.

This.

And it's a damn shame.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
I hope so but since it's nintendo it's hard to know what their next move will be I hope kid Icarus is announce on october 2nd.

THIS.

its like the only game on the Wii was Kid Icarus and Kingdom Hearts 3 which didnt even existed yet.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
E3 wasnt for hardcore in the first place anyway... And Ninty didnt do the conference just because of the reception in E3, they done this already last year...

I disagree. The largest gathering of all gaming press in the US and some from overseas. I'd say that 95% of the audience watching and caring were hardcore gamers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
yushire said:
E3 wasnt for hardcore in the first place anyway... And Ninty didnt do the conference just because of the reception in E3, they done this already last year...

I disagree. The largest gathering of all gaming press in the US and some from overseas. I'd say that 95% of the audience watching and caring were hardcore gamers.

Nintendo disagrees with you, though.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/18/miyamoto-says-nintendo-not-targeting-core-with-e3/

" That niggling feeling in the back of your head that Nintendo wasn't talking to you with their E3 press conference? Good news: It wasn't your imagination! Straight from the mouth of Shigeru Miyamoto, the company says that they're not using E3 to speak to the core gamer anymore. Yeah, thanks Shiggy, we pieced it together.

What, you ask, are they using E3 for? Well Miyamoto describes it as "an opportunity for [them] to introduce new concepts and new types of play that [they] intend to bring to the broader audience, particularly because of the media that gathers at E3 now." So, there you have it. Hey ... does that mean that we don't have to go anymore?"

Yushire said:

its like the only game on the Wii was Kid Icarus and Kingdom Hearts 3 which didnt even existed yet.

Actually, we know for sure about quite a few of their "core" titles now (Pikmin, Kirby, Disaster, Fatal Frame, Mario, Zelda, and probably a few more Wii titles that I'm forgetting). This doesn't include the rumored titles, like Kid Icarus, Punch-Out, etc.

Of course, we know almost no details about the games that are confirmed, but that's a separate matter.

outlawauron said:
yushire said:

If you're talking about the past E3 which also gaming palooza then HELL YEAH! ;)

E3 1995

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EW_MPb6oqk

E3 1996

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK_dKqL6DQI&feature=related

E3 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebLFsz1DGcc

E3 has changed since then...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Wario Land and Disaster: Day of Crisis are released soon, so your theory of first half of the year for core games and second half of the year for expanded audience games is incorrect.

Also, the "hardcore" can't be pleased no matter what Nintendo does.

::Slow Clap::

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Didn't Nintendo say after E3 that they weren't announcing new games this year?

Justin said:
Didn't Nintendo say after E3 that they weren't announcing new games this year?

Haha that was before the backlash.  Haha if companies always did exactly what they said they'd have gone under years ago.  IN reality businesses go with the flow and if Ninty feels to get some negative hype out of the way is by announcing a hardcore game or 2 and going back on their word, they'll do it haha. Try not to look to deep into PR statements becuase either their bullshit or future lies.

Anyways I really don't know what's going to come otu of this event except further look into Disaster.

RCTjunkie said:

So, I think that if hardcore games are released for next spring/summer, then I have a theory on their selling strategy. A trend is starting that hardcore games are released in the 1st half of the year (SSBB, Mario Kart Wii), and casual titles in the Christmas season (Animal Crossing, Wii Music). This will reveal the appeal to hardcore gamers during slower times of the year, so the smaller audience (hardcore) gets attention, so ther is no supply issues. Then when Christmas, and thus, a ton of Wiis, are in stock, the larger audience (casual) get attention, and Wii's aren't left on shelves

Well, the problem with the theory is there is little proff. One year does not equal a trend.

As for hardcore stuff, it's generally what Nintendo does. They unveil those games at events they know the "geeks and otakus" will find and know about weeks in advance. E3, on the other hand, gets the attention of other news outlets. If fact, Time magazine said Nintendo has the best press show for 07.

TBH, most the hardcore complaining about the lack of hardcore games on the Wii didn't even own a Wii

I'm looking forward to getting my 3rd party hardcore game on, kick it back a bit with Animal Crossing, and catch up on the excellent games that I haven't had a chance to play yet. My problem is lack of money, not lack of games.

You may have a point though, about releasing casual games around christmas.