By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

All I know is you told me to wait to E3 to see the 3rd party support and Nintendo's focus on core gamers and I didn't get either except for Mario Kart...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Ok.  Let us assume the argument is true.  If nostalgia is what kept you tied to Nintendo, you still have the old games to remind you of how great the old days were.  People are not bound to sequels.  Regardless of how good a sequel is in comparison to the original, sales will usually drop (barring userbase changes).  It shouldn't matter that Nintendo didn't stay the same to please you.  When you were part of the majority, Nintendo chased after you.  Now that Nintendo thinks you are in the minority, they ignore you.  If companies focused on keeping minority groups happy, they would be eventually be overwhelmed by the superior profit margins of companies catering to the majority.  The fact that a company shifts focus to a new audience just means more people like what you do in a slightly different form.

By the looks of it, catering to one market segment during rapid industry growth is a death sentence.  Sony knew this during the PS1 and PS2 era.  Nintendo knew it during the NES era.  Sega knew it during the Genesis era, although they couldn't quite build up momentum fast enough.

In time, the very features making Nintendo so sucessful right now will seem old and antiquated.  The question to detractors and supports is simply whether that will come in 6 months, 3 years, or 12 years.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

ummmm wat...........

(think of the Geico commercial when the caveman response to the analyst)

I agree WiiFit is not a video game. It is a fitness video that runs on the Wii. It well sell millions yea, but not because it is a good game. It well sell because it is something new and it will make "working-out fun." If it solves America's obesity problem I will hold back any more criticism =P

I, for one, am interested where does this whole new expanding of the market philosophy will take gaming, and will hardcore gamers, and even normal non-casual gamers become only niche in the gaming world

Around the Network

Its funny how the mainstream sees PS3 and 360 as the "kids consoles," and Wii as the "grown up" console. Y'know, the console with worthwhile games like Wii Sports and Fit instead of the fetishes of overgrown man-boys. That's not necesarily my opinion, but its what you'll hear both from the mainstream press and "on the street."

Anyways... Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Smash and Kart in the first 18 months of Wii. Pokemon and Zelda on DS in the same time period... Those games represent Nintendo's core, and they aren't being watered down... So... Shut up.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

How dare Nintendo make money and save itself from big monopoly companies that can bleed millions without even careing, how dare they make games that are not for me and for me alone.

Seriously man, are you angry at the tampon industry too because they don´t make products for you ???

If you like MS and Sony there is no problem, buy their systems be happy with them, good for you, but don´t complain about Nintendo they are not forcing you to play their games.

P.S. : flame....flame flame........tripple flame (I´m not very good at flaming, this is how it works right ???) 

Nintendo is only following money, as long as money rules the world, we,gamers will only be seen as way to get money. 

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Why do Nintendo fans have such a hard time admitting that Nintendo does anything wrong? I will admit that the PS3 was overpriced for awhile, and may still be. I'll admit there has been a dearth of games recently, and the PS3 has yet to live up to its potential. I'll admit some of the execs made some big mistakes (especially Ken Kutaragi). So why is it so hard for you guys to do the same.

Face it, Nintendo sees less money coming from typical gamers and the loyal Nintendo fanbase and would rather court casuals who would rather play something like WiiFit than Metroid Prime: 3. Why do you think Shiggy and Reggie were both out there pushing the thing. I really saw it as a bad sign when Shiggy came out to talk about WiiFit rather than a "real" game.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Shido said:
Nintendo is only following money, as long as money rules the world, we,gamers will only be seen as way to get money.

And Microsoft and Sony, or any other business for that matter are not in it for the money?