By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
HappySqurriel said:

--=sigh=--

Everytime someone trys to include another group in an activity you always see people bitching that they are no longer the focus ...

Nintendo still is producing Mario, Metroid, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. Melee which were some of their most popular 'core' gamer games in the last generation; and Nintendo has gotten Rockstar to produce Manhunt 2, EA to produce the Godfather which would have never been produced for the Gamecube and people still bitch that Nintendo has abandoned them.

This just reminds me of all the times I have watched music fans bitch that the general public "Didn't get what music was about" only for their music of choice to become popular in 6 months and the same people to bitch that the "Wanabees are destroying our music"

So if this year's lineup for Nintendo Core games is Metroid, Mario and Brawl, what is next year's?

Mario Kart and Disaster? Seems like a big fall off in big hitters to me. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Go read IGN's review of Metroid Prime 3, then read my post/concept in the WiiBoard thread here, then come back and tell me that Nintendo's destroying videogames.

I mean it.

You won't be able to without being in denial. Nintendo is concentrating more on the casual gamer, sure, but that's because they ARE trying to open videogaming into a wider market. There are a LOT of those casual gamers that would turn out to be core gamers if they only got INTO the scene. Nintendo is doing that, first off.

Second, they ARE still bringing in games that totally own other games. Metroid Prime 3 is single-player, yes, but its engine is near perfect. As a result, developers are going to be jumping ALL OVER the Corruption engine to use it for future FPS for Wii.

When Wii becomes the system for FPS within the next year, I really don't think anybody will be able to say they're ruining videogames.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Erik Aston said:
Its funny how the mainstream sees PS3 and 360 as the "kids consoles," and Wii as the "grown up" console. Y'know, the console with worthwhile games like Wii Sports and Fit instead of the fetishes of overgrown man-boys. That's not necesarily my opinion, but its what you'll hear both from the mainstream press and "on the street."

Anyways... Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Smash and Kart in the first 18 months of Wii. Pokemon and Zelda on DS in the same time period... Those games represent Nintendo's core, and they aren't being watered down... So... Shut up.

It's funny how Nintendo fans have all abandoned the idea of being part of the rest of videogamers now that Nintendo told them casual games is where it's at....

Funny how the games they wanted back in Gamecube days included RE 4 and Eternal Darkness but now those games are for the fetishes of man-boys? lol...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Erik Aston said:
Anyways... Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Smash and Kart in the first 18 months of Wii. Pokemon and Zelda on DS in the same time period... Those games represent Nintendo's core, and they aren't being watered down... So... Shut up.

That's it.

Konichiwa, I understand your feelings, but as long as Nintendo keeps releasing those games, you really can't complain. I also agree with you that Zelda was easy, but did that hurt the experience? I for myself had a lot of fun playing it, and I doubt you can honestly say you hadn't.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

thetonestarr said:
When Wii becomes the system for FPS within the next year, I really don't think anybody will be able to say they're ruining videogames.

Sorry, I am still laughing about this one.  Man, did you even see Far Cry or the Call of Duty games?  There are some things the Wii can't do, one of them is have highly complex physics systems, and the other is to have dynamic AI for a large amount of characters.  I respect the Wii as a console, but I think the FPS wet dream of yours is a little far-fetched.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I don't want to bash on Wii gamers and fans with this article but many many times you were asking me when I said something about the Wii why I think that but I never really could explain it because of two reasons.

1) English is not my native language in fact is language number 7 that I started learning and trying to express my feelings in the english language when you are barely learnning it for some years is still hard.

2) I never can bring this kind of feeling like he does in English.

I am sure some Wii fans are totally dissagree with me and the writer of this text I don't care if you have fun with it I am happy for you but please just accept the feelings of people like me and the writer about how we think and care about Nintendo's future.

And Ckmlb you are right in my eyes they did not show something new on the Nintendo conference for gamers and I was really hoping for a new kind of game and especially not wii fit.

Not that again. Please Sony fanboys get over this. Look at the announced games list. E3 is not the event where Nintendo releases the list of all the games in development for all the 3rd parties. If Nintendo focused on their games you can not say that there is no core gamings coming on Wii for the next 10 years.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Im not interested in WiiFit in the slightest - the potential of the board that goes with it interests me but the actual game, nope. Does that mean Im going to get all whiney about how Nintendo is abandoning me for the casual market? No because as far as I can see they arent. They have just as many first party 'Hardcore' (although N's hardcore have in fact always been somewhat softcore) games as always and a good deal more third party hardcore games than last generation.
Nintendo changes, innovates and evolves they always have and always will. Im not at all upset with the direction they are going - I enjoy TP think SMG looks brilliant and am personally looking foward to see what N do with MP3 and the Zapper.
There is currently nothing about Nintendos direction or console that really aggravates me and its semi-casual games are enjoyable. Although I must admit the sooner third parties get off the damned mini game wagon the better.

akuma587 said:
Why do Nintendo fans have such a hard time admitting that Nintendo does anything wrong? I will admit that the PS3 was overpriced for awhile, and may still be. I'll admit there has been a dearth of games recently, and the PS3 has yet to live up to its potential. I'll admit some of the execs made some big mistakes (especially Ken Kutaragi). So why is it so hard for you guys to do the same.

Face it, Nintendo sees less money coming from typical gamers and the loyal Nintendo fanbase and would rather court casuals who would rather play something like WiiFit than Metroid Prime: 3. Why do you think Shiggy and Reggie were both out there pushing the thing. I really saw it as a bad sign when Shiggy came out to talk about WiiFit rather than a "real" game.

Quoted for truth.

well but konnichiwa, NOBODY announced new games at E3! Please tell me a game that has been announced only at E3 and we didn't know about before. I don't think there are more than five worth mentioning, one of them is Mario Kart.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)