By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think a 199 ps3 will be enuf to win?

cool48 said:
ph4nt said:
Even if Sony sold the PS3 at $50 it would not outsell Wii this holiday season, Wii is still selling out at all stores and Ps3 production is much lower than Wii production.

50$?

Anything at 50$ would outsell the Wii.

In the long term most definately, but PS3's aren't being produced fast enough to have a chance at outselling the Wii at any price point.

Around the Network
oxford-gamer said:

I'm pulling this from another thread:

Sony can't simply slash its prices like Microsoft has recently. And Blu-ray is partly to blame. Billy Pidgeon, an analyst at market researcher IDC points out: "Blu-ray licensees would be threatened by pricing the PS3 below stand-alone Blu-ray players. The PS3 is a bit challenged on that side."

other than that, I would pick one up. I'm pretty sure Sony would be hella constained with supply though.

Huh? The PS3 was the cheapest Blu Ray player on the market for a while, and is now currently one of the cheapests.

Or has this "analyst" forgotten that BR players used to cost over $1000

AceRock said:
199 would be enough, as would 299, in fact before the 360 price cut, 399 was.

I believe the OP is saying that it would outsell everything.. not just the 360.

And even at $399, the PS3 will still outsell the 360 this holiday season. (WW)

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

BMaker11 said:
oxford-gamer said:

I'm pulling this from another thread:

Sony can't simply slash its prices like Microsoft has recently. And Blu-ray is partly to blame. Billy Pidgeon, an analyst at market researcher IDC points out: "Blu-ray licensees would be threatened by pricing the PS3 below stand-alone Blu-ray players. The PS3 is a bit challenged on that side."

other than that, I would pick one up. I'm pretty sure Sony would be hella constained with supply though.

Huh? The PS3 was the cheapest Blu Ray player on the market for a while, and is now currently one of the cheapests.

Or has this "analyst" forgotten that BR players used to cost over $1000

This is just a search query for "Blue Ray Players" at Wal Mart. The PS3 is def not one of the cheapest any longer even though for a long time it was. Though it's hard to argue why, if you wanted a Blue Ray player, you wouldnt get a PS3 for just an average of 100$ more give or take. Some of these players are also made by Sony.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/DVD-Players-Recorders/Blu-ray-Players/_/N-73g8?catNavId=62055&ic=48_0&path=0%3A3944&ref=125875.331064

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Yeah...

No need for further commenting.

Around the Network

$299 would be enough to outsell the Wii.

Yep, then every1 will buy a ps3 for bd discs

I think it would, but there is no way price will go that low soon enough.

$199 ps3, haha. in 3-4 years time perhaps

199$ for (almost) the best blu-ray player and video game machine? It's like sacrilege! 299$ it's the best price for the next couple of years!