By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Just curious: How many will get the Kotor MMO?

If it's not many, then I will be about right in my predictions.

Around the Network

Depends on my financial situation at the time, and if it seems worth it (it will have to be MUCH better than Galaxies, for instance)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Has there been any new info on it?

I enjoyed Galaxies for a while (maybe because it was my first MMO though), but it'd have to be a lot better.

And I wasn't aware it was even official yet.  Maybe you should wait with your prediction until we at least have a fricken trailer.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Star Wars + Bioware + NOT Sony = Alot of hype.

No doubt all the SW junkies will want a piece of the game, and the MMO userbase has increased multiple times, so you'll see a big flock ready to jump into the game. Now, if the game is good enough to hold them is another matter.

BenKenobi88 said:

Has there been any new info on it?

I enjoyed Galaxies for a while (maybe because it was my first MMO though), but it'd have to be a lot better.

And I wasn't aware it was even official yet.  Maybe you should wait with your prediction until we at least have a fricken trailer.

KOTOR MMO confirmed by Electronic Arts

Filed under: Sci-fi, New titles

We've had plenty of speculation -- lots and lots of it -- but now we've got confirmation from Electronic Arts chief executive John Riccitiello that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is indeed getting a massively multiplayer online iteration. Portfolio.com has the story.

The article quotes Riccitiello as saying, "... the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it." When directly asked if this was confirmation of Knights of the Old Republic Online, the executive said simply, "yes".

You can commence the freaking out now.

URL: http://www.massively.com/2008/07/17/kotor-mmo-confirmed-by-electronic-arts/

Around the Network

Big yes. Hoping for some Sith vs. Jedi battles.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Ok, so it's official, I wasn't sure.

Still, no info other than yes, they're making it, has been released, so of course not everyone is excited yet.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

If it's good then yes. And if Bioware is making it, then it will be good, so I think my answer is clear.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

If it's good?

First day purchase. Cancel my WoW subscription.

Game. Over.

Yeah. I know in due time I'll get pumped about this.

Yes, it will probably justify an XBOX Live gold subscription with Fable II.

Hmm. should I get Phantasy Star Univers for 360 as well?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself