By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Just curious: How many will get the Kotor MMO?

well Im currently playing the orginal KOTOR for the 1st time and I like it so far, but idk if its worth the MMO treatment.

Around the Network

It really depends ... It's my opinion that MMO games, unlike most genres, either work or they don't and the smallest flaws can become big issues. Now, there are problems with the lore in Starwars which make it (very) difficult to produce a balanced game which is enjoyable by everyone, which means there is an uphill battle from the start; if they get the game right though, I'm certain it would become amazingly popular for everyone.

HappySqurriel said:

It really depends ... It's my opinion that MMO games, unlike most genres, either work or they don't and the smallest flaws can become big issues. Now, there are problems with the lore in Starwars which make it (very) difficult to produce a balanced game which is enjoyable by everyone, which means there is an uphill battle from the start; if they get the game right though, I'm certain it would become amazingly popular for everyone.

I agree with you. Flawed gameplay is annoying and instantly destroys MMOs.

Still pointlessly massive Sith vs Jedi battles = awesome as long as we can do ninja flips and crap like in StarWars.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

A new Kotor single player game on the 360 (or PS3) would be an eventual purchase for me as I'll be picking up one of those systems a year or two after the next gen ones come out.

But I have no interest in it as a MMORPGLSJEKGJAWHATEVER.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Making a MMO out of kotor is like talking a nice steak sandwich, made with artisan bread, just to add feces as a topping.

Since i'm immune to the lusts of leveling and equipment upgrades, for me MMOs are nothing but grind. I'll stay away. Far, far away.

Around the Network

depends on how good it will be, and if there will be a subscription.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I can assure you that there will ne a subscription. It would have to be something extraordinary for there to be no subscriptions. If you tell me that Guild Wars was free I can tell you that Guild Wars was Diablo II with a little more to do in the chat lobby.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

but...but..... guild wars was an MMO :(

eh, you are right. Not very massive if it's only you and 7 other people.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive