By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid Prime vs. God of War vs. Halo Combat Evolved

Sephiroth357 said:
c0rd said:

@Sephiroth357: I'm a Nintendo fan - Microsoft is actually my least fav of the three companies, and I picked Halo. Disproven? 

I'm finding it hard to believe.

You don't even own a game your praising.

You may have disproven my theory, but I'm not entirely sure your telling the truth.

Yes, I don't have the game, nor do I even have an Xbox. I haven't played much of the campaign mode, either.

However, my friends had the console, and we'd do multiplayer on it all the time. It was essentially the new Goldeneye... I've clocked more than enough hours to form my opinion on it. Let's be serious, I bet there are plenty of people here who would vote Smash Bros as one of the greatest games, even if they didn't have the console it's on.

Around the Network

halo > god of war >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> metriod prime

metroid wishes it was halo but it fails.

god of war, It contains kratos !

Check out my game about moles ^

I played Halo more, but liked Metroid more. Go figure. I played God of War enough to know it's not #1 on the list.

METROID

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

perpride said:
blunty51 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

In case anyone wanted to know, this is the current standing (I might've miscounted, but I don't think so. Also, I didn't count people who said that two games tied.)

Metroid Prime - 28
Halo CE - 14
God of War - 12

aye well done

In other news, VGChartz is dominated by Nintendo fans :)...

oh come on. A legitimate winner is not allowed here? anyone can say the same thing if the other games were winning. it's a dead horse.

Around the Network

This is a tough comparison because it is across genres.

1st
Metroid Prime: This was a great game. I loved exploring, finding all the scans, finding all the items, and all the detail. Fighting was great. There were some really hectic battles. Bosses were generally epic in size and difficulty. I actually like this one better than the 2D versions.

2nd
Halo: I thought campaign mode was very good, defintely above average. Some parts I didn't like though. I thought that the parts with the Flood seemed like it was trying to be a survival horror game, and that is not what I wanted out of it. Everything else was great though.

The multiplayer was excelent. My frat brothers and I spent hours not doing homework while playing this and Halo 2 over our local net. It was great having one team all in one room on the third floor, and the other team all in one room on the second floor.

Someone said that this game showed that FPS could be done right on consoles. Didn't Goldeneye and Perfect Dark show that?

No Contest
God of War: I never played this game.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

vlad321 said:
Phendrana said:
Metroid Prime was phenomenal, God of War was very good, Halo was decent.

This.

Someone above asked why Halo is an overrated mediocrity. It has mediocre contorl scheme, mediocre story, and sub-par gameplay. There is a reason why the PC version bombed as hard as it did. It brought nothing new to the table other than being readily available and mass marketed like no other game before.

Metroid on the other hand defined its genre, it was polished, well made, and interesting to play through, multiple times even.

God of War also was a lot of fun to play through, but lynch me if you want, it did not have the same feeling of depth and expansiveness that Metroid had. Maybe it was the shorter play through time, I don't know but it just didn't.

Stop spewing garbage without even doing a shred of research. Go look at the most played PC games on Gamespy right now, Halo:CE is ranked at 18 and the Halo demo is 22. If you had looked at the list around a year ago you would have seen Halo:CE in the top 10.

It didn't sell well on PC?! It's a port of a 2.5 year old game and according to an 2006 article by Edge magazine it ranks 20th in PC game sales. And Halo 2 PC was ported 3 years after the Xbox version not a few months as you say. the reason it did lackluster is because it came out right before the Halo 3 Beta when everyone was already anticipating its sequel.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Liar said:
halo > god of war >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> metriod prime

metroid wishes it was halo but it fails.

Uhm, no.

Metroid Prime is 90% different from Halo, the style and intent of the games are completely different.

That being said, Metroid Prime easily.  Never played God of War and never will. It just doesn't fall within my tastes, that's all (no disrespect to those who enjoy it).

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Metroid has overdone itself, God of War doesnt need to involve itself as a linear action adventure game and Halo is pretty much the best title in depth title out of the three.

Mendicate Bias said:
vlad321 said:
Phendrana said:
Metroid Prime was phenomenal, God of War was very good, Halo was decent.

This.

Someone above asked why Halo is an overrated mediocrity. It has mediocre contorl scheme, mediocre story, and sub-par gameplay. There is a reason why the PC version bombed as hard as it did. It brought nothing new to the table other than being readily available and mass marketed like no other game before.

Metroid on the other hand defined its genre, it was polished, well made, and interesting to play through, multiple times even.

God of War also was a lot of fun to play through, but lynch me if you want, it did not have the same feeling of depth and expansiveness that Metroid had. Maybe it was the shorter play through time, I don't know but it just didn't.

Stop spewing garbage without even doing a shred of research. Go look at the most played PC games on Gamespy right now, Halo:CE is ranked at 18 and the Halo demo is 22. If you had looked at the list around a year ago you would have seen Halo:CE in the top 10.

It didn't sell well on PC?! It's a port of a 2.5 year old game and according to an 2006 article by Edge magazine it ranks 20th in PC game sales. And Halo 2 PC was ported 3 years after the Xbox version not a few months as you say. the reason it did lackluster is because it came out right before the Halo 3 Beta when everyone was already anticipating its sequel.

You are right, Halo 2 did come out a few years later.

As to the players playing it, Gamespy is reporting 254k people playing in total. No matter which way you cut it that is a tiny fraction of people that actually play online games on the PC. Most games don't even use Gamespy, It's also reporting that 101k people are playing Half-Life 1 online right now, that's nearly half of the total and that's just BS. Also, I don't know where they got the figures for the #20 best selling game on the PC but I call bullshit on that. I could only find the Wikipedia entry for best PC game sales which goes up to at least 20 and Halo isn't even on the list there. If you find me better information than what I have found please link it and I will concede.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835