By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Review of PS home beta

Mendicate Bias said:
I know I haven't played HOME yet so this is a skewed view but to be honest it kind of sounds pathetic. If I want to dance I'm going to go out to a club, not online on my PS3. I don't use the internet to socialize with people I don't know, honestly it just seems weird.
I'm fine with playing a game with random people but frankly i don't give a shit about getting to know them. Thats what I use my console for, to play games with my friends.

Facebook is enough of a chore for me, when I turn on my console I turn it on to play games and watch the occasional movie, not to try and chat up some random chick who is probably a 40 year old dude.

But if thats what you enjoy doing then all the more power to you I guess.

I agree with you and I don't think Home is for me either, I cannot get excited about this no matter how hard I try....however I think it would appeal to the 2nd Life and maybe the Sims crowd as well depending on how much you could do at Home....

Legend11 said:
It'll be interesting to see if Home takes off and Sony finally having an idea worth copying this generation (much like Nintendo's motion controls and Microsoft's achievements).

Avatars and Miis, but I don't think it's as good a concept as Achievements and to a certain extent motion controls. I wish for Home to be a success but if everyone else is like me it'll fail badly, but then again if everyone else was like me then no one would've bought that piece of shit game they call Madden '09.

Around the Network

Anyone who fails to get what Home is aiming for simply needs to travel to sites like MySpace or Facebook.

Home is shooting for to become the 3d medium between xbox Live' accessability and Myspace's personalization. Also with a hint of Youtube in there. These mediums are EXTREMELY popular today with a society of young people who are obsessed with public interaction and customizing things to make it their own. Home allows this all in one particular space.

Now do you understand?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Really nice analysis of Home, very informative. Only one thing though, you keep referring to HOME as a game. It is not a game, it is a Productivity App with slight game like qualities when it comes to interaction. Sry, that just bothered me a little.

But I have a few questions if I may.....
-How does it work when you invite people to your crib?
-I heard they took out the ability to share videos and music with peers, understandable. I would not expect them to allow you to transfer video and music files to others because of legal issues. My question is though, does this mean you cannot play music in your own apartment so others can hear it?

answer this guy i wanna know

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

I would love it if this came out before the end of the year...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

forevercloud3000 said:
Anyone who fails to get what Home is aiming for simply needs to travel to sites like MySpace or Facebook.

Home is shooting for to become the 3d medium between xbox Live' accessability and Myspace's personalization. Also with a hint of Youtube in there. These mediums are EXTREMELY popular today with a society of young people who are obsessed with public interaction and customizing things to make it their own. Home allows this all in one particular space.

Now do you understand?

Yeah maybe but that is why facebook exists (stll i dont have a facebok or myspace i found it a waste of time) but yeah it could be simiar, but as someone, above said, i am ok if there exists a place for social like facebook but going as far as dancing and emoting.... with a virtual person to interact with people i think is just stupid...

sorry not for me, atleast i would like sony to spend the money and time on games

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Really nice analysis of Home, very informative. Only one thing though, you keep referring to HOME as a game. It is not a game, it is a Productivity App with slight game like qualities when it comes to interaction. Sry, that just bothered me a little.

But I have a few questions if I may.....
-How does it work when you invite people to your crib?
-I heard they took out the ability to share videos and music with peers, understandable. I would not expect them to allow you to transfer video and music files to others because of legal issues. My question is though, does this mean you cannot play music in your own apartment so others can hear it?

Well, right now, it is not part of the XMB, it is listed under games, but I can see where you are coming from...considering qore does the same thing

1. You friend people and invite them to your house...but the only problem is that update 2.4 doesnt work on home...yet :(

2. As of now, no...or at least do not have anything in homes mall that supports media i.e. TV, Radio, stereo

4lc0h0l said:

man... i just cant find what is so good about home... man i just cant think how people can WASTE their time on it because there really isnt any other words to describe that, its a cool concept but man where is humanity going with all this shit... i love the ps3, i love the 360, i love the mm well not that much but, why dont you go outside your house and meet new people, gather up with your friends and play a lan of 360 or ps3, go to a party, gather u with your friends to just talk... i think thats what social means not a silly stupid "virtual reality" were you can meet people... i jut find it so stupid sony should just spend their money and time making good games and not this social *&^% I mean seriously WTF consoles are for seeing movies play games lisent music, but spending all your day infront of a tv... its like too much, what are kids going to be in 10 more years...

Mum: why dont you invite your friends to come over?
Kid: I already have
Mum:How? i havent seen them?
Kid: I am telling you they are at my place at HOME

PLZ SONY STOP WASTING TIME AND MONEY ON THAT..... i dont know i think if i stay more than 10 minutes on home its going to be a miracle... i play games and have life, other will play games and have home.... (for me thats SAD)

Dude, its not that serious. The concept that you have of home is VERY SKEWED. I thought the same way before I played it. Home is like a cross between playing online games and facebook...sort of. You do not actually go out and meet these people for real...lol (unless you are some kind of sicko), you just meet more ps friends. Its just a realy cool way to meet them, besides playing cod4 or gta4...only difference is that you can actually see there appearence and personality. I guess you can say ot just brings the ps online community a little bit closer...that doesnt mean I will travel to Europe to meet these people...lol

maybe i am getting it wrong =/ i dont know we will have to see =)

4lc0h0l said:
maybe i am getting it wrong =/ i dont know we will have to see =)

Yea dude, when it finally gets released, just give it a shot and be open-minded about, most people like it, some dont

You realize that "girl" probably wasn't, right?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom