By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP vs Wii Music

I agree with what most people said (LBP = better game, WiiMusic = better sales).

Sad truth for the industry.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network

LBP will be the better game and I'm going to say it'll sell better as well. Wii Music just has too much negative hype in the mainstream to really be a solid selling game. It'll go platinum and probably even double platinum but I think LBP will beat it out.

I mean going to correct myself Wii Music is still going to sell a decent bit but I think most of that is going to come from Japan where I doubt this game has much negative hype.  I think in America though this game has been tarnished by E3 with nothing but brutal media against it.  I mean most I can see Wii Music selling in America is 1 million.  While it'll do well in the other territories I'm thinking not enough to put it over 5 million.  I think LBP can do 5 million given its appeal and marketing. 

I mean I'm probably going to stand corrected but I think LBP will have the edge sales wise.

leo-j said:
I hate how you dropped the resolution of that picture to nearly look identicle to wii music..

Not saying you did it on purpose..

Im going to say this.

Yes wii music will outsell LBP, and its very sad as well.

Such a terrible "game", outselling one of the most innovative games this generation.

Lets hope Im wrong

Fixed it for you.

Animal Crossing would be a better comparison, but both it and Wii Music will outsell LBP anyway.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

As much love I have for Nintendo, I despise Wii music.

And LBP is giving me a reason to actually purchase something for my PS3.

So basically; what everyone else said.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I hate how you dropped the resolution of that picture to nearly look identicle to wii music..

Not saying you did it on purpose..

Im going to say this.

Yes wii music will outsell LBP, and its very sad as well.

Such a terrible game, outselling one of the most innovative games this generation.

Lets hope Im wrong

Thats what Nintendo has become...

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Yeah, I agree that LBP = better, but Wii Music = more sales. Nintendo's games are review proof, for better or worse. Look at Mario Party.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Wii Music will be a much better game. LBP will sell more. Sometimes the worst game sell more.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

animal crossing and LBP is more interesting. previous 2 AC games have been AAA, will the third installment change enough? has for sales its ninty marketing vs sony marketing, whatever happens its gunna be interesting

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I'm unsure about wii music sales though it could end up only selling a million or 2.