By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Rock Band 2 Review 9.0!?

Valkyria00 said:
Ok this guys give this game a 9.0 when it hasnt done much else than the 1st.
Yet hes the type of guy who bashes Wii games for being too similiar to GC games. I mainly have a problem with Hilarys reviews.

I dont think this game deserves a 9.0 thats all I said. Some of you here wanna argue the your asses off for no damn reason.

When it comes to the games alot of the announcements including the gameplay and instruments was announced for GH:WT before RB2 was even officially announced.
Im against RB and Harmonix because of the BS port they gave to Wii. They release RB1 on Wii and 2 weeks later they annouce a sequel. wtf!? And GH:WT was announced before RB2 yet RB2 still comes out before GH:WT and adds alot of the stuff Gh:Wt said they had before it. RB2 is more like RB 1.5 and was quick to come out in fear of GH:WT. At the very least that what I think.

This thread got completly off track. I just simply gave my opinion and some of you wanted to argue with me which is why I havent posted till now and pretty soon I'll ask a Mod to lock this damn thread if it goes on.

First off, no one is going to come in here, and say "Gee Your right, thanks for posting" and leave. Its the purpose of a forum to express your ideas. You stated your idea that Rock Band 2 doesnt deserve a 9 (Even though Rock Band got a 9.4 so there was a drop attributed for the "lack of originality") and people are coming in here now stateing that you are wrong or that you are right, there is zero off topic discussion so far. So report away.

Look at Shumps and Jason for a perfect example. Thats how forums work. He responded to me, and I would have responded to him too if you hadnt posted this.

To your post, Its critically flawed. You compair GHWT to RB2 saying that things in RB2 were announced after GHWT announced them, completely ignoring obviously the fact that a vast majority of the things announced in GHWT were already in a game before it was announced, that game is called Rock Band.

What is going to be in Rock Band 2 that wasnt in Rock Band that was announced by GHWT first? Pressure Sensitive drums is the only thing I can think of. Harmonix stated before Rock Band came out they wanted to have a music creator, they stated before Rock Band came out they wanted Online Bands, they stated before Rock Band came out they wanted to have online band duels.

Everything, and I mean everything in GHWT was either already in RB or announced as a feature Harmonix wanted in the Rock Band platform before GHIII was released typically.

Now do something for me, promise me you will. Watch a video on Youtube of GHWT with a full band playing a song, there are at least a couple. Then watch a full band video of Rock Band 2 (plenty up now). Tell me which one is cleaner, easier to follow and easier to tell when notes are hit.

The two games are different, and frankly Rock Band is so far still the far superior game. Im sorry to the Wii owners that are so bent out of shape that their version of the first one was bad, but thats no reason to come here and try to crap on the people that bought it on HD consoles, or to smear the name of an amazing game.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

Harmonix may know what they are doing, but EA and MTV have a way of turning gold into lead.

|_emmiwinks said:

[...]

To your post, Its critically flawed. You compair GHWT to RB2 saying that things in RB2 were announced after GHWT announced them, completely ignoring obviously the fact that a vast majority of the things announced in GHWT were already in a game before it was announced, that game is called Rock Band.

What is going to be in Rock Band 2 that wasnt in Rock Band that was announced by GHWT first? Pressure Sensitive drums is the only thing I can think of. Harmonix stated before Rock Band came out they wanted to have a music creator, they stated before Rock Band came out they wanted Online Bands, they stated before Rock Band came out they wanted to have online band duels.

Everything, and I mean everything in GHWT was either already in RB or announced as a feature Harmonix wanted in the Rock Band platform before GHIII was released typically.

Now do something for me, promise me you will. Watch a video on Youtube of GHWT with a full band playing a song, there are at least a couple. Then watch a full band video of Rock Band 2 (plenty up now). Tell me which one is cleaner, easier to follow and easier to tell when notes are hit.

The two games are different, and frankly Rock Band is so far still the far superior game. Im sorry to the Wii owners that are so bent out of shape that their version of the first one was bad, but thats no reason to come here and try to crap on the people that bought it on HD consoles, or to smear the name of an amazing game.

I'd seriously like to have a link which specifies every single extra features from these new games and at which time each of them were announced for both games. I'm sure Neversoft Entertainment thought about the Song Creator before Harmonix did (you know, maybe the Harmonix guy lied just so he couldn't lose his face!)... Sorry man, I'm a bit suspicious on all that.

Also, full guitar customization, face, body, etc. (it doesn't seem like it, but it's pretty neat): http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36737.html?type=

And as long as I didn't see both games on my HDTV with my Home Theater system, I can't judge the UI and stuff. All I know is this: 60 FPS > 30 FPS.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

9/10 thats really good.

For some reason i prefer Rock Band to guitar hero.

it just seems like the better game.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
SHMUPGurus said:

RedOctane/Neversoft, on the other hand, is having a COMPLETE change to their engine, creates a completely new guitar and drum kit (with 6 buttons). Sure, you might say it's ''copied'' and shit, but look at Harmonix trying to make their drum ''touch-sensitive'' right after that Guitar Hero: World Tour presentation this last E3, or other things like that (Beginner mode comes in mind as well). I have to say though, competition is a good thing in this market, and it seems to me that World Tour is trying to give us more of what we like here: A music editor that can double, even quadruple (and even give us the whole Rock Band 2 soundtrack while we're at it), the current number of songs available on the disk, the same Battle of the Bands style of multiplayer, some better controller-compatibility for Wii/360 (maybe PS3) owners at some extent (huge selling point here), NO TIMED-EXCLUSIVITY, etc. Too bad reviewers might not see it that way though, since it's not Harmonix. >_>

Harmonix might have recreated the whole genre, but never forget that without RedOctane, there wouldn't have been Guitar Hero in the first place. Harmonix doesn't seem to know where they want to go with all this rythm game genre. I have to admit though, I'll be playing Rock Band 2 one way or the other because my brother is getting both games anyway...! o_o

.....Do you realize that Harmonix was the company that made Guitar Hero, and the underlying games that led to Guitar Hero (Amplitude & Frequency)?I know RedOctane came to them to pitch parts of the idea, but Harmonix was still the spearhead of GH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GuitarFreaks

i cant wait to go but it ive been practicing with the first one aha

truth Valkyria00 said:
Ok this guys give this game a 9.0 when it hasnt done much else than the 1st.
Yet hes the type of guy who bashes Wii games for being too similiar to GC games. I mainly have a problem with Hilarys reviews.

I dont think this game deserves a 9.0 thats all I said. Some of you here wanna argue the your asses off for no damn reason.

When it comes to the games alot of the announcements including the gameplay and instruments was announced for GH:WT before RB2 was even officially announced.
Im against RB and Harmonix because of the BS port they gave to Wii. They release RB1 on Wii and 2 weeks later they annouce a sequel. wtf!? And GH:WT was announced before RB2 yet RB2 still comes out before GH:WT and adds alot of the stuff Gh:Wt said they had before it. RB2 is more like RB 1.5 and was quick to come out in fear of GH:WT. At the very least that what I think.

This thread got completly off track. I just simply gave my opinion and some of you wanted to argue with me which is why I havent posted till now and pretty soon I'll ask a Mod to lock this damn thread if it goes on.

The truth is, both GH:WT and RB2 were in development before EITHER game was announced.  RB didnt steal from GH or vice versa.  They just both took the next logical step.  I not only disagree with your opinion, but I don't give credit to your opinion only because you have not played Rock Band 1 enough, let alone Rock Band 2.  You are judging a game based on release dates, similar games, and personal bias.  Play the game.  Then judge it.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Good Score. Good News for Fans. [not really into music games myself though]

4 ≈ One

Whoever said that GHIII didn't bring much to the table:

-I loved the amount of master tracks in the game, and lack of crappy covers in 1+2+80's. There were WAAAAY More master tracks.
-Real-Life Guitar Heroes (Slash & Tom Morello) as playable characters are awesome.
-Boss battles were actually pretty fun, even though Morello was too easy...

Just saying, It's not like it was an expansion...