By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DC Universe Online

Can I play as the Crimson Chin?

Around the Network

Like Kasz said. If there is a monthly fee, no deal. But if there isn´t I´m so getting this game. I love the DC Universe.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

This is an MMO, ofcourse there's gonna be a monthly fee.

Zuhyc said:

Guild wars is an MMO that doesnt have fees, and that is half decent

Um, I think I will never leave Gotham City. If criminals attack Gotham, I will help Batman at all times. lol But seriously, my guy is probably gonna have like a raincoat and top hat, you know, the detective type. Maybe I can make the Grey Ghost! Anybody remember him? Oh yes, and day one for me, most likely.

Around the Network

The more I read about this game the more I become interested. I like how in the game you can be off doing a small mission, then all nearby heroes will be summoned to join up "x" hero and fight off a large attack led by a Super Villain

and to top it all off, the fighting looks really fun

CorruptMirage said:
Zuhyc said:

Actually, it isn't. Guild Wars doens't have a interactive world where players bump into each other all the time. You go out on quests with a group. GW is more like an ORPG.

CorruptMirage said:
Zuhyc said:

Actually, no, it's not an MMO.

As for DCU, I'm very interested (I adore the universe and would *kill* to play, say, a New God) but this is SOE and I've been less than enamored ofthem with each subsequent release.

That said, I hope and pray it's far, far better than the 8 miles wide but 3 inches deep COH/COV.

marciosmg said:
Like Kasz said. If there is a monthly fee, no deal. But if there isn´t I´m so getting this game. I love the DC Universe.

You don't even have a PS3 veio :)

On monthly fees, MMO games usually, but capable dedicated servers are dirt cheap nowadays and it's feasible to hold deidcated servers, have free online with an ever growing community and make money off DLC. Sony's own Warhawk (not MMO, I know) has grown from 300k to over 700k now. I'd also believe that they have made money on it otherwise they wouldn't release 3 maps.

Also Sony has a lot of MMOs coming out for the PS3 over the next couple of years, they cannot expect people to pay 6-10 a month for each game, it just ain't gonna happen, so I believe they'll either

A) Charge a flat monthly fee and you can play all the MMOs you want or
B) Keep it free and charge for DLC and expansions.

Ideally they'll go with option B as people have shown willingness to buy DLC and expansions.

CorruptMirage said:
Zuhyc said:

Guild Wars is just like Diablo II except that you can do trade with people in the Bnet lobby... err I mean the meeting areas.

I wanna see how they bring about a serious MMO to a console. I just can't even begin to imagine how WoW would be playable on a console. Also I hope that they have a completely different UI for the console and PC versions. I doubt consoles can handle the normal PC UI due to the controller and PC people dispise console UIs since they can't hold a dime to the PC game UIs. Wonder how it will all work out.

FilaBrasileiro said:
marciosmg said:

You don't even have a PS3 veio :)

On monthly fees, MMO games usually, but capable dedicated servers are dirt cheap nowadays and it's feasible to hold deidcated servers, have free online with an ever growing community and make money off DLC. Sony's own Warhawk (not MMO, I know) has grown from 300k to over 700k now. I'd also believe that they have made money on it otherwise they wouldn't release 3 maps.

Also Sony has a lot of MMOs coming out for the PS3 over the next couple of years, they cannot expect people to pay 6-10 a month for each game, it just ain't gonna happen, so I believe they'll either

A) Charge a flat monthly fee and you can play all the MMOs you want or
B) Keep it free and charge for DLC and expansions.

Ideally they'll go with option B as people have shown willingness to buy DLC and expansions.

I don't see how Sony can't expect them to be paying monthly fees. First off they bought a PS3 which in itself signifies the person has enough cash to burn on a luxury items/service. Second off MMO's are MMO's they do need to be upkept, and every single game has its own costs. Also monthly fees are generally 15 dollars per game. It's been like that nearly forever, with the exception of some of the MMO's that take less money to be upkept.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835