By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Apple iPhone 3G or Sony Playstation 3?

iPhone, FTW!

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Businesses use Blackberry because they've been doing it forever and because many businesses already use RIMs enterprise software for email. The infrastructure is entrnched in the business world. If you knew anything about smartphones, you would know that.

Anyway, the iPhone does a good job of handling email now that they push it. Blackberries do a fine job, too. I've owned a few. Nice phones with unbeatable settings options. Just set my father up with a new Curve last week. It's definitely lacking compared to the iPhone in some regards, though.

Yes I did know that. Anyways, DMJ, do watever u feel like doing. It doesn't affect us in anyway and at the end of the day, w/e anybody says will prolly not weigh much in ur decision. 

SnakeEyez said:

Oh God, did I just see that right? Did u just say that the best phone for email is the iphone LMAOOO. Blackberry is KNOWN for having the best email. If u knew anything about smartphones, u would know that push email (wat Blackberries do) is better than pull email (wat Iphone does). Everything else was right, but that email thing made me laugh.

Edit: The iphone JUST got push email with their software update 2.0, it still doesn't make it's email better than blackberries. Hell, if it was better, y is it that corporations use Blackberries instead of iphones? It's not because iphone released not too long ago, it's because Blackberries email is better (also because the keyboard on the iphone is kinda bad/hard to type fast and accurately)

Both do push, both open attachments, both do Exchange email.

iPhone has only done these things for 6 weeks, but who cares, he wants a Phone, not a history lesson. The blackberry does email in a corporate environment better (due to guaranteed deliver and encryption). But I don't think the OP cares about that.

Also, the #1 issue with the iPhone in a corporate world, is security, not functionality. There is no way for your IT department to lock down an iPhone (and I hope there never is). This is the reason it will not be embraced any time soon on the corporate world.

I can have 20 email clients in my phone (I have 4), and it works seamlessly. The navigation option is far superior then the wheel on the Blackberry. I know, I have had both.

Also, the iPhone has clients for Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace. Not mail but worth mentioning. On, and text messaging on an iPhone is better then anything else out there as well.

Like Rocket Pig say's, why all the hate?

The iPhone is definitely a nice piece of hardware, especially after the latest firmware release. The app store is brilliant and convenient. The browser is unrivaled. The interface is smooth. It's definitely an all in one device that does it all very well.

If the PS3 doesn't release that killer must have app in the next 90 days (and if you were me, that would be a no, since Team ICO ain't releasing a game this year), than go with the iPhone. You can always get the PS3 when it is cheaper and attains the must have status.

@ Axumblade

But I already have and love ATT/Cingular.

Around the Network

well, are you getting either?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Soriku said:
@Sephiroth

LOL! More like DS > PSP > iPhone.

For games. Overall the iPhone is a MUCH better device.

Sam Yikin said:
Soriku said:
@Sephiroth

wtf, the iphone doens't have buttons either games.

show me a one AAA title on the iphone.

Jo21 said:
Sam Yikin said:
Soriku said:
@Sephiroth

wtf, the iphone doens't have buttons either games.

show me a one AAA title on the iphone.

That's why he said the iPhone was better on anything except games

I still don't agree, and no one has showed any proof of why the iPhone is better than the almost equal and less costly iPod Touch

Username2324 said:
Well, I have an iPod Touch, got a 16GB for $400 last year, and while its not an iPhone, it is very similar, and in my personal opinion it was not worth it. Yes it's a cool little device, but the majority of what I use it for is music, and it's nearly full. I would have been better off with a video, which could store more and cost less.

Anyways, I have no problem carrying a phone and my ipod, my phone in fact has a better camera and comes on a better network.

So I would say the PS3 would be the more valuable purchase, unless you have a strong need to view webpages on the go.

this. it's the best alternative. as much as I want an iPhone, I don't want the iBill. All you need with an iTouch is wifi. And you don't get a camera, but so what?

man, your love for the PS3 is sickening - and to think, you chose an iPhone over the vaunted PS3. Sorry, but from this point forth, I won't take your PS3 love/360 bashing serious again.

ITouches rock. I have a iTouch - I love it and can do without the phone functions.