By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Nintendo wii sales fall with the 360 pricecut?

Since the 360 is at an even pricepoint with the wii, is it possible for the 360 to take out chunks of the wii-sales or will it be affecting ps3 sales?

Or will they both be conquering the ps2 crowd?

Around the Network

PS3 will be afffected the most, the 360 won't sell to Wii buyers.

Xen said:

^^^^ This. For the 6th time this week.

bardicverse said:
Xen said:

^^^^ This. For the 6th time this week.

sorry, must have missed some threads...

Yes! Xen said it best.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860

Around the Network

Nope. The few people who actually WANT the Arcade will spike sales for about two weeks, and then it will crash and burn back to normal levels. Price isn't the issue.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Wii sales will go down because of the 360 pricecut in similar fashion they did in Europe in the spring.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

The Wii is still supply constrained. The 360 price cut will only hurt the PS2 and PS3 sales. The question remains as to if this round of 360 cuts will have lasting effects.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Wii sales will go negative down in my opinion.

The 360 will possibly beat the wii in america on price cut week. WW it will get closer, but still be miles away

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot