By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Well I think I'm going to buy Disgaea 3 today.

Onyxmeth said:

Is reincarnating basically the transmigration system from the first game, or are you talking about something completely new?

Reincarnation is slightly different (and slightly better as well as slightly more expensive), as you get to keep the benefits from your felonies without having a felony count.  Felonies were implemented in the 2nd game.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Disgaea is really good series. It's fun, interesting and has a lot of funny jokes and references. It definetly deserves way better sales than now.
I only played the 1st one, but I really want to play Disgaea 3...gotta start saving money for PS3.
About reincarnation itself...besides other people's information, one tip:
To complete disgaea 100% (defeating all optional bosses for example), you need massive grinding. In Disgaea 1, transmigration (aka. Reincarnation) you were storing levels everytime you reincarnated (for example you decided to reincarnate at level 250 and then later at 300, now you have 550 stored levels). The number of stored level decided on how many extra stat points you could give to your character after reincarnation. You could store up to 186k levels if IIRC. I don't know the reincarnation mechanics of Disgaea 2 and 3, but if it's about storing level again, find a sweetspot when levelling up and reincarnating.
This will help you to save time...I read on gamefaqs that exp required for lv 2000 is 4 times higher than for level 1000. I think it's pretty obvious that levelling to lv 1000 and reincarnating is faster than leveling to lv 2000 and then reincarnating...just make sure that you won't lose too much skill that way (in disgaea 1 when reincarnating as "Genius" you lose about 5% of total skill and weapon mastery levels).

Hopefully I didn't kill off anyone's desire to play this game....don't worry, it's still pretty fun without all this reincarnation stuff (however it extends the gameplay time several times).

i have it .... its have a ps2 graphics but also have a great gameplay.

Disgaea gives you a lot of options. You can grind up to your eyeballs and love every minute of it, but you generally don't need to grind. I always do because I vote to raise the levels of the enemies every 10 or 20 hours. Makes the game way more fun!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson