By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 a hardware seller?

starcraft said:
Why are Sony fans so confident that most Fable fans already own an Xbox 360, and yet they believe that most Gow, FF and GT fans dont already own a PS3?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

@Kitchensink

That was awesome.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Why are Sony fans so confident that most Fable fans already own an Xbox 360, and yet they believe that most Gow, FF and GT fans dont already own a PS3?

i actually believe that most Gow, FF, and GT fans already have a ps3. just like i believe most fable fans already have a 360.

keyword is most....does not mean that 5 million people will go out and buy a ps3 or 360 when aboved mentioned games release, means 15 million wont go out and buy a ps3 or 360 (just randomly thrown out numbers *shrug*)

@Starcraft Dude how many ps2 owners and how many xbox owners are there?

Expected better from you matey. Knowing the amount of ps2 owners in existence compared to xbox owners, I believe it is safe to assume that it is not the same thing. Especially if you look at the fact that only 15million have purchased or made the next gen leap. I can at least name 12 people I know who have not bought a next gen console (still own a ps2) and are waiting to purchase one when GOW is released or when there is another price cut or when Xma comes.

However, saying that to be OT, Fable will sell HW, but I don't think it will sell anywhere near as much as GeoW2 or Halo4.

|_emmiwinks said:

@MrStickball, 20,000 people are still playing the most popular game released on the XBOX? I would say that points to a massive amount of the old XBOX users having upgraded.

Yes and no. The game *is* 4 years old in 2 months, and we're only talking on-line users. Bungie recorded about 9x the number of Halo 3 players last week, which shows you how many have transitioned.

And like I said...Many have switched, but not all, and H2 stats prove it. I would venture to guess that 10-30% of Xbox owners have yet to migrate to a next-gen system. That'd be around 2.4 million to 7.2 million.

@Fei-Hung - Your assuming that 100% of those Playstation 2 owners are migrating to the Playstation 3 - which is a wrong assumption to make. Many PS2 owners have switched, and it wasn't to the PS3. However, I do agree that many have yet to make the switch due to the insane userbase of the PS2.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:

HAHAHA very funny !!!!

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools because they have to say something." PLATO (428 BC-348 BC)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Predictions are never accurate and are a fanboys hobby...Never trust what fanboys say...
Fei-Hung said:

Expected better from you matey. Knowing the amount of ps2 owners in existence compared to xbox owners, I believe it is safe to assume that it is not the same thing. Especially if you look at the fact that only 15million have purchased or made the next gen leap. I can at least name 12 people I know who have not bought a next gen console (still own a ps2) and are waiting to purchase one when GOW is released or when there is another price cut or when Xma comes.

However, saying that to be OT, Fable will sell HW, but I don't think it will sell anywhere near as much as GeoW2 or Halo4.

How many of those PS2 owners already have or will switch companies to Nintendo or Microsoft this generation?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

At this point its all about price

mrstickball said:
Jo21 said:
not so for me.

at least not like mgs4, gran turismo 5 have done it for the ps3
or monster hunter for psp

Why list GT5 when it's not coming out for quite some time? And why is it not a system seller to you when you have yet to post something in the MS forum that actually has anything to do with Microsoft in a positive light.

Consider yourself warned. I've had enough of your veiled trolling in the X360 forum with troll posts and the ilk. If you want to discuss the Playstation 3, do it somewhere else.

No offense but you do exactly the same in SONY forums...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

starcraft said:
Fei-Hung said:

How many of those PS2 owners already have or will switch companies to Nintendo or Microsoft this generation?

I switched to nintendo and microsoft!