By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 a hardware seller?

It could very well be a big seller. Its currently the 88th best seller of all time in my countries main online game store. Thats just from the pre-release sales and not counting the sales of the normal edition.

I think it could appeal to a wide range of people so for that reason I pick it could be a system seller but it really has to be good - 90+ and preferably at least 93/94% good.

Tease.

Around the Network

I doubt it.
Just like people are saying, gears 2 will be a system seller.. No.. Why? because most people that like/want gears 2, already own a 360.

no, xbox1 owners already have xbox360 console

it will move console as ... any good games

but dont expect too much from a RPG except if it gets stellar review, we will see

Time to Work !

yes, of course it is, Fable sold very well, so Fable fans will buy a 360 for Fable 2, i dont expect it to be massive though, but definetley noticable (cant wait for the game, its gonna kick ass)

If I didn't run into a ridiculous deal for the Elite a few weeks back I would have picked one up with a copy of Fable 2 when it came out.

Around the Network

not so for me.

at least not like mgs4, gran turismo 5 have done it for the ps3
or monster hunter for psp

Jo21 said:
not so for me.

Why list GT5 when it's not coming out for quite some time? And why is it not a system seller to you when you have yet to post something in the MS forum that actually has anything to do with Microsoft in a positive light.

Consider yourself warned. I've had enough of your veiled trolling in the X360 forum with troll posts and the ilk. If you want to discuss the Playstation 3, do it somewhere else.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Jo21 said:
not so for me.

Why list GT5 when it's not coming out for quite some time? And why is it not a system seller to you when you have yet to post something in the MS forum that actually has anything to do with Microsoft in a positive light.

Consider yourself warned. I've had enough of your veiled trolling in the X360 forum with troll posts and the ilk. If you want to discuss the Playstation 3, do it somewhere else.

i mean prologue, and i could have include the wii but i don't know much of the wii sales :/

oh i didn't mean anything bad about the 360, just fable 2 is not the kind of game that will push hardware, not like gears 2 will.

Fable II is absolutely a system seller in the sense that it is an excusive next-gen premier for a successful franchise so many fans of the series who have not purchased a system will see fit to do so.

However, it is not quite as big a system seller as Halo 3 or Metal Gear Solid 4 because of the fact that Fable, while being a relatively big franchise, isn't a HUGE franchise like Halo or Metal Gear and the fact that many WRPG fans have already purchased a 360 for Mass Effect. Furthermore, it is getting released around the same time as Fallout 3 which is another next-gen premier for a successful franchise so that will also hurt its sales a tiny bit.

Overall, Fable II will make good bump in 360 hardware sales (Not that we'll be able to notice it due to the price-cut/holiday sales increase) but it won't make a clear spike like with Metal Gear Solid 4 or Grand Theft Auto IV.

40k is a small number. Tales of Vesperia moved about 20k units in Japan. There is a hope in the Sony fanboy methos that "everyone who wants Wii or 360 games must have already bought a 360 or a Wii, and thus new games only sell to the current base."

It's silly. Extra hardware is sold months in advance, at launch, and afterwards, for high profile games. Thousands of people bought PS3s just because of FFXIII. Does that mean the title is insignificant? No. People have already purchased PS3s just for that game. Just because there isn't a clear, immediate, and huge bounce in hardware, doesn't mean the game didn't help out the console, a lot. Just look at GTAIV, for instance.

As for my anecdotal opinion, all I can say is I'm very much interested in Fable 2, and if there was a way to play it for $199, but I didn't have a 360, well, I would possibly have to buy myself one for Xmas. Fable 2/Gears 2 combo are the only two games that I could see myself buying a console for at their current prices, that are yet unreleased.

Would I buy a $399 PS3 for LBP and R2? Prolly not.

Would I buy a $249 Wii for Symphonia and Shake it?...eh, maybe, but I'm a Tales fanboy

Would I buy a $199 360 for Gears 2, and Fable 2? That's the question this topic is asking, I guess. I think if people know about it, they will buy it. It's a sick deal. We've even seen hardcore Sony fanboys picking up the 360 lately, on this very site.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.