By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Little Big Planet = Little Big Deal

I just got back from our Gamestop Manager Conference and let me tell you many of my fellow managers were like me unsure of LBP until Sony of course had presentation and playable demos at our expo and all I can say is WOW!  most of Gamestop managers are xbots fans (no need to deny) and had many of them saying "damn i will need to buy a ps3 now".

There is another thread about Fable 2 (which looks awesome too) vs LBP in sales and I will have to say that LBP in the long run will sell more copies than Fable although the first 1-2 months Fable will have more units sold since the install  base in NA is larger , once word of mouth gets out there LBP seems poised to have long legs...there is no denying that LBP= little big deal .

LBP= 5 million LTD

Fable = 3.5 million LTD is what I predict

Around the Network

God I wish I could play this damned game already. I never thought I would say this, but I wish I was a manager at Gamestop. :)

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I totally agree. LBP is underestimated by many ppl. The games is gonna rule the gaming world. Just wait for the release. The Sackboy has the potential to become the new Mario.
I will even go one step further and say it will sell more than 5 Mill LTD. I just cant imagine that anyone could hate this game

Oh there are PLENTY of people that hate this game, most of them probably furiously typing responses right now.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

quote: God I wish I could play this damned game already. I never thought I would say this, but I wish I was a manager at Gamestop. :)

-----------

What's wrong with being a Gamestop manager?  Is a good starting job-while you got to school plus you get free games =0.

Yes we are getting LPB for free among others =0.

Around the Network

So, according to the Gamestop Manager Conference: LBP will be HUGE!!!

Little Big Adventure FTW

alusnova said:

quote: God I wish I could play this damned game already. I never thought I would say this, but I wish I was a manager at Gamestop. :)

-----------

What's wrong with being a Gamestop manager?  Is a good starting job-while you got to school plus you get free games =0.

Yes we are getting LPB for free among others =0.

lol, well to be fair the only people I know that work at GameStop are having.. issues to say the least. I almost started working at Funcoland when I was still in high school, now that would have been an interesting time. ;)

Still cant wait for this game though.

Sackboy for President!!!!!

I wish for a continuation video of Sackboy in the wild.