By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Motorstorm pacific rift: A huge dissapointment?

Well I just finished playing the demo, and its exclusive to QORE users.

Im one of them, in any case, I have to say. Its not even as fun as the first motorstorm.

The controls seemed stif, and harder to use, the graphics were terrible, I mean very very bad. PURE had better visuals, in fact PURE seems to be more fun, have better gameplay, better graphics, and much better controls/handeling of the vehicles, but again Im comparing the DEMOS of the two games.

All Im saying is that the taste I got from pacific rift isnt a good one, and may end up being a very big dissapointment.

mM
Around the Network

I guess i wont buy the demo.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
leo-j said:

Im one of them, in any case, I have to say. Its not even as fun as the first motorstorm.

The controls seemed stif, and harder to use, the graphics were terrible, I mean very very bad. PURE had better visuals, in fact PURE seems to be more fun, have better gameplay, better graphics, and much better controls/handeling of the vehicles, but again Im comparing the DEMOS of the two games.

All Im saying is that the taste I got from pacific rift isnt a good one, and may end up being a very big dissapointment.

What? The graphics have a more realistic color pallet. There is no lighting bugs. The vehicles handle like vehicles should.

Pure everything seemed kind of plastically even though like I said in my impression article, it was still great looking but MotorStorm 2 rolls over it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

who are you and what did you do to leo-j?

seriously though, the game is still in dev so they might improve it, i dont think a game can be judged by 10 minute demo

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
ssj12 said:
leo-j said:

What? The graphics have a more realistic color pallet. There is no lighting bugs. The vehicles handle like vehicles should.

Pure everything seemed kind of pastically even though like I said in my impression article, it was still great looking but MotorStorm 2 rolls over it.

Woah!  What is that?

Around the Network

No way. I just played it, I absolutely loved it. I think it takes one or two times to get adjusted to. Play it again and repost your impressions.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

super_etecoon said:
ssj12 said:
leo-j said:

Pure everything seemed kind of plastically even though like I said in my impression article, it was still great looking but MotorStorm 2 rolls over it.

Woah!  What is that?

fixed, my L key doesnt work very well.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Seems like every game I have my eye on is turning out to be a dissapointment.

Too Human
Infinite Undiscovery
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
and now, Motorstorm 2.

My heart can't take too much more.

ssj12 said:What? The graphics have a more realistic color pallet. There is no lighting bugs. The vehicles handle like vehicles should.

Dude come on, after playing pure, Im extreemly dissapointed with motorstorm, i really hope this was an alpha build or something, because it was far away from impressive.

mM

Why dont you compare the first Motorstorm demo to Pacific Rift, in many cases the game turns out to be quite different from its demo.