By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster site is Up

Stever89 said:
That was sweet. I hope this game is good. I want it to be good really bad. That huge wave reminds me of Day After Tomorrow.

You get reminded of the Day After Tomorrow and you still have hope for the game? You are a more hardcore Nintendo fan than I am.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I hope this game releases at the latest in early 2009.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:

Seems odd to me that there's a September Japanese release and an October European release.  I'm hoping for this year but who truly knows with Nintendo.

Pixel Art can be fun.

It's nice to be able to finally see the game in action. It looks like a combo of real time events, time crisis type rail shooting, driving, minigames and lots of other stuff. But it all seems pulled off fairly well. I think I might just be getting quite interested again.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Gnizmo said:

You get reminded of the Day After Tomorrow and you still have hope for the game? You are a more hardcore Nintendo fan than I am.

Hey that was a pretty nice Disaster movie. Those movies are know for being cheesy, like Poseidon Adventure, Towering inferno, etc.

Around the Network

Yo that shit is wicked. This game is gonna make hardcores cry, i bet

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

stof said:
It's nice to be able to finally see the game in action. It looks like a combo of real time events, time crisis type rail shooting, driving, minigames and lots of other stuff. But it all seems pulled off fairly well. I think I might just be getting quite interested again.

This exactly.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Soriku said:
SmokedHostage said:
brute said:

Seems odd to me that there's a September Japanese release and an October European release. I'm hoping for this year but who truly knows with Nintendo.

I think he meant a NA release.

I like the adventure/shooting/driving/anime (you can tell from the designs it has some anime in it. Just look at the hair, for example :3). If this was from another dev besides Monolith I might not be so excited but Monolith Soft is AWESOME so this game looks REALLY promising.

That's what I mean, I'm hoping for a release date on November 24th for some consistency with releases.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Yeah im impressed, Graphics, well we'll see what the HD grabs look like. Looks to be varied plenty so have no idea what else i could be dealing with.

Do i dare suggest another 4 yr delay on a sequel?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Gnizmo said:
Stever89 said:
That was sweet. I hope this game is good. I want it to be good really bad. That huge wave reminds me of Day After Tomorrow.

"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side, little orc."

Anyway... I wasn't saying I wanted it to be good because it reminded me of the wave in DAT, but I want it to be good because the idea behind the game is awesome and that footage is really cool.

And I'm definitely not a hardcore Nintendo fan. Here's why:

First Mario game - Super Mario Galaxy
First Mario Kart - Wii version
First Nintendo console (first console ever actually) - Wii

Just because I want a game to be good doesn't make me a fan. I want LittleBigPlanet to be awesome because the game idea is amazing, and even though I'll probably never play the game, doesn't mean I can't want a game to come out good, and neither does it make me a fan. I'm a fan of good games and good game ideas.