By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster site is Up

Soriku said:
SmokedHostage said:
brute said:
I hope this game releases at the latest in early 2009.

Seems odd to me that there's a September Japanese release and an October European release.  I'm hoping for this year but who truly knows with Nintendo.

I think he meant a NA release.

I like the adventure/shooting/driving/anime (you can tell from the designs it has some anime in it. Just look at the hair, for example :3). If this was from another dev besides Monolith I might not be so excited but Monolith Stof is AWESOME so this game looks REALLY promising.

Monolith Stof? Am I missing something?

Anyways the combination of gameplay reminded me of something I read awhile ago...Soriku should remember this too. It's Bruce's MatsunoxMonolith RPG rumor:

http://www.rumorreporter.com/?p=332

- Disaster: Day of Crisis was delayed for a reason. The game will use the familiar “quick-press” Resident Evil 4 quick-reaction system to further immerse the player with a sense of danger and urgency. The game will release sometime in 2008, but it will definitely be before Matsuno’s actual new IP is announced. This is to test the waters towards interest of Disaster’s type of gameplay, which the new IP hopes to mimic in a more advanced way.  

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I can get behind all the gameplay I saw, except the quicktime events. Hopefully they're relatively infrequent.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

nice

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Brand new videos / movies now available on japanese website.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rdzj/movie/index.html

pretty cool, 3 days to go

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

totally buying this game!!!

Around the Network

this game got 34/40 on Nintendo Famitsu.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

famousringo said:
I can get behind all the gameplay I saw, except the quicktime events. Hopefully they're relatively infrequent.

Or generally forgiving. I can tolerate annoying QTE's when they're lenient or don't equate to instant death with you miss one by a fraction of a second. Co-op in Umbrella Chronicles could be a real drag when you both instant die at some worthless QTE because the other player didn't hit the Z and A button at the same time even though you nailed your QTE.

One of the good things about Wii games is developers usually make QTE’s involving movement very forgiving. The knife fight in RE4 was a loads easier on the Wii than it was on the cube since half the commands was move the remote and the other half was the A button.

I still think this game looks like the bizarre love child of Time Crisis, Alone in the Dark, and the movie Volcano. Kinda like a cheesy over the top Disaster movie, and cheesy movie premises can actually make pretty good games. (True Crime comes to mind.)

I’m digging this rescue worker angle. Seems like something I don’t see much of in video games.

celine said:
this game got 34/40 on Nintendo Famitsu.

Sounds pretty cool, Whats that comparable with exactly?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Gnizmo said:
Stever89 said:
That was sweet. I hope this game is good. I want it to be good really bad. That huge wave reminds me of Day After Tomorrow.

You get reminded of the Day After Tomorrow and you still have hope for the game? You are a more hardcore Nintendo fan than I am.

Lol.  That is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.  But the wave scene in the game does look really cool.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Amazing. I cant wait.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)