By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It doesn't seem like much, but Dead Rising Wii is improving.

Small team and limited budget, I'll give that, but limited time doesn't automatically mean rushed. It could also mean they're told to deliver the game on time, without delays. Capcom did have a couple bad years due to delays of major games (RE4 took nearly 5 years to get finished from all the builds thrown out), and Capcom wants to avoid that.

From what all these screens show, they have most of the structure of the game in place. It's all about the polish now. As in lighting and enough zombies on screen.

If they don't get it all done on time, that would suck, but it won't be for lack of effort, nor will it magically make it shovelware.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

This thread is on fire.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

I just want to make it clear this could very well suck. It's just that pictures of early builds are not proof of that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The game definitely looks better,I'm definitely getting this game.
Hopfully it will be presice like RE4:Wii Edition.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The game will be released in a few months and it looks horrible. You have to think that it's September now, and for the game to get a "late 2008" release, it has to be close to done. QA testing and certification of the game will need to be done, and then manufacturing and shipping the game. Considering the game would have to go gold sometime in the next sixty to ninety days (latest) to meet the deadline, IDK how people can think that this game will look much better.

Around the Network

Well it is improving which is the most important thing, still does not look good enough to convince me, but at least the project is going forward, we don't know exact release date yet, so i still have hope.

DMeisterJ said:
The game will be released in a few months and it looks horrible. You have to think that it's September now, and for the game to get a "late 2008" release, it has to be close to done. QA testing and certification of the game will need to be done, and then manufacturing and shipping the game. Considering the game would have to go gold sometime in the next sixty to ninety days (latest) to meet the deadline, IDK how people can think that this game will look much better.

Maybe because it's dramatically improved in the last month or so alone?  Nah... couldn't be...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
DMeisterJ said:

This is supposed to be a 2008 game?  I thought this was going to be a 2009 game.

If that's the case then they aren't going to get many if any more zombies on screen at a time.  In order to get a siginificant more amount of zombies on screen they are going to have to do one of the following:

• Rewrite everything - not going to happen since that would take a very large amount of time.
  • Start cutting things other places - The world already feels bare enough so I doubt there's really much they could cut

A 2008 release date confirms that this game is going to suck.  This means they are already in very late alpha and possibly even beta.  That means there's no new art or major game changes so that means no cutting back on the world to add more zombies.  The only thing they're doing now is just fixing bugs. 

If they're Alpha they're fixing showstopping bugs, if they're in Beta they've moved on to focusing on the B and C bugs.  Either way, those screen shots are what we're going to get.

@ twesterm

I know! It's not going to get much better without pushing the game back. And with a launch coming in december, it's not looking too good.

Gah. I just realized.
Textures are super easy to swap out. Why they didnt put the finished textures in, I dunno. but I think that the textures might actually improve by launch. I hope they do. If the game looks as good as Umbrella Chronicles, i'll be happy.