By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii hits 47.1% Marketshare

another step towards the tipping point...

3.92 million sales away...

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

I thought only Rubang was allowed to make this thread.

So now we're doing it for every 0.1%?

Signature goes here!

I'm personally tired of these types of threads. The next one I want to see is the one where the Wii makes 50% marketshare.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Ayy that is huge, so 2,9% is 3,92 million??

Around the Network

Yes, it appears so...you should really tell developers that cause I still don't see any must buy wii games this month.

Oh rest assured, the must-buy Wii games have been out for a while. Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii. And hey, you even get one of those free with the system!

What's that? You disagree? That's too bad. I'm sure the majority of the 28.3 million Wii Sports owners, 14.5 million Wii Play owners, 7.1 million Wii Fit owners, and 7.5 million Mario Kart Wii owners won't care. Hey, when was the last time they weren't in the top 20 worldwide? Or the top 10 worldwide, for that matter?

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

disolitude said:
Yes, it appears so...you should really tell developers that cause I still don't see any must buy wii games this month.

sure; as soon as developers figure out how to make a AAA game in a few weeks time...until then, i figure we'll have to wait as they likely finally got over their delusions late last year/early this year and then it takes 1.5-2 years to change gears and release those AAA titles

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Incidentally, the last time the Wii Four weren't all in the top 10 was June 6th 2008, when Wii Fit got pushed down to #11 by the Lego Indiana Jones release. Before that was April 18th 2008 and most weeks before that, when Wii Fit was still only available in Japan. Most weeks they show up in the top 5.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Sky Render said:
Oh rest assured, the must-buy Wii games have been out for a while. Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii. And hey, you even get one of those free with the system!

What's that? You disagree? That's too bad. I'm sure the majority of the 28.3 million Wii Sports owners, 14.5 million Wii Play owners, 7.1 million Wii Fit owners, and 7.5 million Mario Kart Wii owners won't care. Hey, when was the last time they weren't in the top 20 worldwide? Or the top 10 worldwide, for that matter?

I have wii sports...and the rest are fine gaming for sure. *cough*

However none of them came out this month...or last month...or the month before...last game wii had that was worth buying was boomblox back in may. Gimped port of Rockband doesnt count.

Possibly the argument that wii is a novelty fad here stands true as the same games keep on selling with no need for new games. Hence people buy it...play those titles and then stop playing it no?