By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii hits 47.1% Marketshare

Noooooo!!! it cant be!?!? 47.1 %, it jumped and astounding 0.1 % more from last week?! I am in awe...lol

Around the Network

based on wii software sales, i would think that people aren't stopping playing their wii

the # of million-sellers is huge and growing....and historic software sales for first 18 months in US as well...

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Oh I see now. You're the sort who plays a game, beats it, never touches it again, and demands a new fix right afterwards. Well, see, that's a bit of a problem. Most people like to get as much out of their games as possible. So the crowd that the Wii Four attract kind of doesn't do it that way. They'll keep playing those games as long as they can. And when they're done? Why they either move upmarket or leave the market. And you can be sure it's been engineered so they'll go upmarket.

There's this prevailing mentality amongst certain gamers that a system has to get constant waves of new software to be successful. What counts is the longevity of the software that sells well, not the volume of new software per month. Longevity of sales means new customers are being made regularly. That counts for more than placating a crowd that, for all their complaints, is the least likely to leave the industry.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Hey wait... Why isn't anyone doing a thread whenever PS3 jumps up a .1%?

These threads are getting ridiculous. Call me when Wii hits 50% - party is at my place.

yep; i don't have time for more than wii fit and mario kart

my wife plays wii fit every day; i play it most days (anybody beat 650 in advanced step?)...and mario kart never gets old...never did on snes, n64 or gc either...

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network
Gamerace said:
Hey wait... Why isn't anyone doing a thread whenever PS3 jumps up a .1%?

These threads are getting ridiculous. Call me when Wii hits 50% - party is at my place.

because it doesn't really matter; wii moving towards the majority will matter to the industry...ps3 gaining 3% won't make any difference...hd games will still be multi-platform, yadda yadda yadda

wii hitting and then surpassing 50% will mean even more 'hardcore games' for wii, which brings in the gamers that haven't bought one yet, which means more 'hardcore games' etc etc  

Predictions:

Why has this thread derailed into a Wii bashing/defending thread so fast?

Signature goes here!

hhaahahahah...sad.

Sky Render said:
Oh I see now. You're the sort who plays a game, beats it, never touches it again, and demands a new fix right afterwards. Well, see, that's a bit of a problem. Most people like to get as much out of their games as possible. So the crowd that the Wii Four attract kind of doesn't do it that way. They'll keep playing those games as long as they can. And when they're done? Why they either move upmarket or leave the market. And you can be sure it's been engineered so they'll go upmarket.

There's this prevailing mentality amongst certain gamers that a system has to get constant waves of new software to be successful. What counts is the longevity of the software that sells well, not the volume of new software per month. Longevity of sales means new customers are being made regularly. That counts for more than placating a crowd that, for all their complaints, is the least likely to leave the industry.

Haha,  I tip my hat to you. Only you can agrue that lack of software is a good thing... Using sales stats and market metrics it would appear you are correct. However I begin to doubt you play games at all if you are defending the Wii's drought of software at this point. Its great that Wii owners like to replay the same games, even without online play or leaderboards for most...but that is definetly a different "market" of gamers nintendo is going after...compared to where I'm at.

TruckOSaurus said:
Why has this thread derailed into a Wii bashing/defending thread so fast?

Because a thread was created for Wii moving 0.1% on the VGchartz marketshare board. What were you expecting, people to open champagne and celebrate?