By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiBoard discussion

if they really want to attract the mums they shoulda released the "ironing" board,
ZING!

Around the Network
jstam said:
if they really want to attract the mums they shoulda released the "ironing" board,
ZING!

you better not wish it.

it might just come true. 

From actual journalists who tried it after the conference: the demo on stage was off more than it was with them.

So the board was working better later.

This game is for mothers to buy it for their fat video game playing kids who probably still won't exercise lol... but they will buy them nonetheless :)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I just *heart* the attention Nintendo is lavishing on me lately...

I am still reserved about this.

The reason why Wii Sports was so good for fitness training was that it was FUN. Wii Fit seems too much like going to the Gym for me. Although I would like to see a fitness type game and I would love to see stats on how I'm improving I still want the games I play to be involving and fun, not just doing push ups and other such things. This is the reason I do my current fitness training with sports (such as Soccer, Karate) rather than going to the gym.

I hope that Wii Fit turns out to be more about fun than fitness.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

I don't know if anybody else has said this yet.

However, I'm thinking about racing games. Specifically, bike/motorcycle games.

Part of controlling a motorcycle is leaning to the left and right. Now, I think of that, and I think of standing on the WiiBB and leaning to the right or left, while controlling with the Wiimote.

I think of something like Road Rash or whatever, where you would control steering by tilting the Wiimote and nunchuck together, and control leaning by actually leaning.

Then, you could press B on the Wiimote to use the right brake, Z on the nunchuck to use the left brake.

If you pressed C and swung the Wiimote or Nunchuck out, you'd punch the person next to you in the appropriate direction. If you pressed A, you'd kick. If you have any weapons (chain, bat, oil, etc) or powerups, you could rotate through them with the D-pad.

Finally, if you wanted to look to your left or right, you could simply do that with the analog.

Simply put, the WiiBB, in conjunction with the Wiimote, would easily make an outstanding game concept, as I just outlined.

Possibilities are gooood.

I just hope Ninty gets a clue and starts doing controller + peripheral packages for cheaper prices. I'm not very fond of the idea of paying $40 for a Wiimote, $20 for a Nunchuck, $20 for a Classic Controller, and a likely $30 for a WiiBB. That's $110 for just one player to be fully decked out. 

SW-5120-1900-6153

How about a "Back to the future 2" hoverboard style racing shooter?

I would love to test that board out to see how it feels, now if only they could add rumble into it..

The thing is ninty can afford to make a good game for the Wiiboard (apart from wiifit). They have the imagination, talent and money to come up with something very cool.

Could you have a game based on Running on spot and make it intresting....Sonic and Mario, where you actually have to Run?

How many boards can you have at the same time?

10 of the 40 mini "games" humm lets call them "activities" are meant to be just for fun.
I think I'll show my mother the video of the board and see if she is interested in wiifit. :)

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

thetonestarr said:

I don't know if anybody else has said this yet.

However, I'm thinking about racing games. Specifically, bike/motorcycle games.

Part of controlling a motorcycle is leaning to the left and right. Now, I think of that, and I think of standing on the WiiBB and leaning to the right or left, while controlling with the Wiimote.

I think of something like Road Rash or whatever, where you would control steering by tilting the Wiimote and nunchuck together, and control leaning by actually leaning.

Then, you could press B on the Wiimote to use the right brake, Z on the nunchuck to use the left brake.

If you pressed C and swung the Wiimote or Nunchuck out, you'd punch the person next to you in the appropriate direction. If you pressed A, you'd kick. If you have any weapons (chain, bat, oil, etc) or powerups, you could rotate through them with the D-pad.

Finally, if you wanted to look to your left or right, you could simply do that with the analog.

Simply put, the WiiBB, in conjunction with the Wiimote, would easily make an outstanding game concept, as I just outlined.

Possibilities are gooood.

I just hope Ninty gets a clue and starts doing controller + peripheral packages for cheaper prices. I'm not very fond of the idea of paying $40 for a Wiimote, $20 for a Nunchuck, $20 for a Classic Controller, and a likely $30 for a WiiBB. That's $110 for just one player to be fully decked out.

Standing up? I don't think I'd like to race standing up.

Why not just sit on the Board? 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

First the Wii remote, now the Wii balance board. Whats next, the Wii Camera?

If Wii fit sell well, which it will, then 3rd parties will take notice and hopefully develop games for the WiiBB. Nintendo will also make more games for it.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Nintendo reminds me of Apple.